Hey TN Cops...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is the fuss about? I smoked pipe or a cigar on motor patrol for fifteen years as did many buds. With regard to "speeding", the deputy may have met his quota for the day or was interested in a "higher quality" pull over. Irrespective, he was enjoying his pipe and his afternoon drive and is paid by the hour. From his point of view all was well in Dodge City.

Lighten up man. I would guess that they had never actually witnessed anyone outside of film smoking a pipe.
The speeding comment was actually funny ' he's speeding, he's speeding'. Uh yeah stupid, in a police cruiser, with a ticket book, while PACING you.

Anyway the original intent of the thread was just to see if it was one of our two or three TN Cops.

Hey PB: No need for me to lighten up. When I'm on BoB and posting, there is always a large bowl between my teeth and a lot of delicious smoke around my screen so you can believe I'm lightened. I just think it's a hoot how little most people actually know about cops and police work and I guess smoking pipes for that matter. With regard to pacing for speed enforcement, one generally will not realize that you are being paced because a competent officer will stay in your blind spot and pace you from a distance behind. You won't know it's happening until you get the lights and siren pullover. Then you get the speech if you're fortunate and polite. Otherwise you get the bill and license points. The cop will also probably have you up on his computer for a warrant check before the pullover so he will already have an idea of your record. Just another day at the office bud. So keep your rig, your horses and your own ass safe man. Always enjoy your pipe.

PS Our TN bros don't seem to be checking in on this one.

LIPIPE":wu3se00s said:
PS Our TN bros don't seem to be checking in on this one.
Actually I'm one of the TN boys. Just not county. Now I'm not on the road much; been kicked into admin for awhile.

Nobody asked for a stinking Yankee opinion, you'll notice it says TN Cop. Good detective work cypherin all that thar out an gettin one over on us.

:D

Centurian says " Haven't been on the road much, been kicked into admin".

From one three score pipe man/cop to another, sounds like age discrimination to me. Let me know if you want to picket police HQ. We'll just have to contact your local FOP chapter and AARP and get a ton of support for you. Gotta teach your department not to F**K with their most experienced men.

puros_bran":hruoqoon said:
Just out of curiosity how far are you from ELMONT NY?
Hey, that's where my family goes when they're dead! Seriously, half my deceased relations are in cemeteries around there. It's why I never want to go to play the ponies out there... not associated with good luck!

Hi PB: Elmont is on the Queens (New York City) border with Nassau County. I reside in Suffolk County which is just East of Nassau County. I'm in Setauket which is between Stony Brook and Port Jefferson about 55 miles East of Elmont on the North Shore of Long Island. Don't forget to give me a shout if you are ever on Long Island driving to Belmont Racetrack. It would be my pleasure to have a ride, smoke a bowl and have dinner with you brother.

I go to Belmont so much I should start getting my mail there. Was there for about 10 days a month or so ago, right before Saratoga opened up.

As usual though, short of moving the stables from one track to the next, we get in and get out with little time to even grab a cup.

LIPIPE":j94qspl6 said:
Centurian says " Haven't been on the road much, been kicked into admin".

From one three score pipe man/cop to another, sounds like age discrimination to me. Let me know if you want to picket police HQ. We'll just have to contact your local FOP chapter and AARP and get a ton of support for you. Gotta teach your department not to F**K with their most experienced men.
Now that sounds like fun!!!! :twisted:

That's a 10-4. Hold this unit out responding on the backup.