Hey, where'd that thread go?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
Gents,

I've been working hospital night shifts for the past month, which limits BoB moderating time (to say nothing of my pipe smoking time!)

I have another stint of that coming soon, but as I have a little free time, I'm going to catch up on my old moderator duty of sorting posts into appropriate topics.

This is just a friendly reminder of an existing practice, but there's a lot of new blood (which is great) so hopefully this will cut down on confusion.

So, if you're looking in the Round Table and a post seems to have gone walkabout, it was probably just moved to a more specific area--music posts to music, sports to sports, Pipe and Tobacco posts to their respective homes, etc.

As always, you can use the View Your Posts link at the top right of the main page to find topics you've posted in.

Thanks for keeping the smoking lamp lit,
Doc

Check your PM's also. If I move one to anywhere but the Rubber Room, I send a PM to let you know. It's not a problem and I am not spanking anyone. Sometimes it's not always obvious where something should go, or, as I have done. I have forgotten where I am, an idea popped into my head (dangerous, I know), and had to move my own thread. (DOH!) :lol:

Just to be a technical pain, the Round Table does state it's a place for "anything" (so long as it's respectful of others...)...

...I do admit I've been using it as my personal posting spot of choice for drivel, no matter how coincidentally it may be of a pipe nature or what have you.

:(

Sorry gents. 8) I'll try and keep my crap where it belongs. :lol:

Word of the day: "Bugbear." Haven't heard that one in a while. Gonna use the crap out of that one today. 8)

Kyle Weiss":dbz6fxnm said:
Word of the day: "Bugbear." Haven't heard that one in a while.
If you play D&D regularly (like certain moderators) you'll never have that problem. You will have other problems, but not that one.

Doc Manhattan":4ao3dlby said:
Kyle Weiss":4ao3dlby said:
Word of the day: "Bugbear." Haven't heard that one in a while.
If you play D&D regularly (like certain moderators) you'll never have that problem. You will have other problems, but not that one.
:lol: True enough... I first remember reading it in some fantasy novel, long ago, when I was about 12. Always loved that word, and the concept and history of it.

Here nor there, "Bugbears" are okay to post in the Round Table. :lol: Unless they curse a lot.

Yak":9c34a9vc said:
Somebody":9c34a9vc said:
A foolish consistency is the bugbear of small minds
:face:
Emerson, but it was a hobgoblin.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
-from Self Reliance.

I suppose in the dark it's hard to tell them apart, though.

Seems like it's in the finest spirit of the quotation not to quote it the same way twice, no?

George Kaplan":s2jtv3xq said:
Yak":s2jtv3xq said:
Somebody":s2jtv3xq said:
A foolish consistency is the bugbear of small minds
:face:
Emerson, but it was a hobgoblin.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
-from Self Reliance.

I suppose in the dark it's hard to tell them apart, though.
Nice one. 8)

Doc Manhattan":y5lw41vr said:
Seems like it's in the finest spirit of the quotation not to quote it the same way twice, no?
Also, nice one. :lol: :)