Hi all, from Canada

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konrad_von_Marburg

Reaction score
Hi all,

36 m Ontario (Markham), Canada.

Used to smoke pipes but then went back to cigs. Quit the cigs (for good this time I hope) and want to get back into pipe smoking. :)

Good to have you Konrad, and glad to know you've put down the coffin nails for good!

This is a way great place for pipe guys and gals to hang out. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly folks willing to share info.

Welcome to BoB.

:D

Cheers,

RR

Welcome!

My last cig was in April of this year. I feel your pain!

Pete

Good to see another Canadian on the forum, Konrad. Welcome!

I'm in Kitchener, ON, so not too far away. :D

Welcome to BoB from across the lake. Just curious: do you inhale pipe smoke? I quit cigs 40 years ago with no problem, except that I really missed inhaling for about a year. After that it was easy sailing with pipes and cigars, no inhaling. Good luck with your resolve.

Richard Burley":n1fwfquc said:
Welcome to BoB from across the lake. Just curious: do you inhale pipe smoke? I quit cigs 40 years ago with no problem, except that I really missed inhaling for about a year. After that it was easy sailing with pipes and cigars, no inhaling. Good luck with your resolve.
Thanks for the welcome all. No I don't inhale pipe smoke. I use a variety of products to get nicotine, from pipes to nasal snuff and snus. Never got into dip. Chewing and having to spit everywhere is gross.

What is the pipe section of the forums to discuss pipes? I have some Nording and Peterson questions but I can't find the right section for pipe discussion.

Go to home page, scroll down to second section, click on Ye Olde Pipe Rack for a general discussion.

From one Conrad to another Konrad, welcome to BoB. I've been smoking pipes off and on since my college days, and I've been doing it all wrong! You'll learn a lot here from all the knowledgeable pipers here. Enjoy your stay here.

Corncobcon":ll2rnmd9 said:
From one Conrad to another Konrad, welcome to BoB.  I've been smoking pipes off and on since my college days, and I've been doing it all wrong!  You'll learn a lot here from all the knowledgeable pipers here.  Enjoy your stay here.
Thanks man. My name is Konrad von Marburg, but I'm not at like the inquisitor who shared my name.

I am learning a lot as a I go. I want to get a few cobs to try out different tobaccos. I like the look of some Petersons and Nordings. I'm in Canada, though, and a 50g tin of Frog Morton costs 45-50 bucks. I will try to order from the States because 45-50 bucks is just ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of the taxes we pay on tobacco here.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get too ranty about tobacco prices, but it's just sick and I hate these taxes.

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on pipes and this one guy Muttnchop piper is so cool. Very informative guy.

See you around the forum!

Welcome Konrad! If you get a chance, can you turn off the AC up there? It's getting cold down here! Seriously though, welcome aboard!