Hi all from NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Johnny from New York, not the city, the state. I live about 200 miles Northwest of NYC in a small town of about 7,000 people. I'm 30 years old and I work in food service and have been, on and off, for about 15 years. I've been smoking pipes for a little over 2.5 years now and have been enjoying it a lot. I tend to smoke a lot of different blends and my favorite pipes so far have been my Peterson's, especially the system pipes which I have just discovered a bit over a month ago. Really like the p-lip a lot. I also tend to like stronger tobacco in flake form and rope/twists. My favorite blending houses are Sam Gawith and Gawith Hoggarth. I tend not to smoke aromatics very often and don't smoke latakia blends all that much, though I do like latakia quite a bit. I don't have any local pipe smoking friends but have seen a few guys smoking pipes in town. I always see them on the way to work so I don't get to stop and ask them about the pipes and tobacco that they smoke. We don't have a local B&M either, just a discount tobacco store/head shop. I do stop in there every once in a while because they sell Prince Albert which I like a lot.

Anyway, that's my little introduction and I hope to be a productive member of this forum and meet some new friends here.

Thanks,

Johnny

welcome johnny. what a great city for pipe smoking (if they haven't banned it!). but there must be dozens of great tobacco shops. (crap, i have to edit this already, i just reread that you don't live in new york city proper...my apologies. i really need to slow down before i respond.)

What's up Johnny from Upstate! Glad to have you aboard! What do you do in the food service industry?

Justpipes":kwxlj0gt said:
What's up Johnny from Upstate! Glad to have you aboard! What do you do in the food service industry?
Well, I do a bunch of different stuff. I cook, prep, take orders from customers, wash dishes, make espresso drinks, and wash dishes along with a few other things. Depends on the day really. I'm the guy that opens the store most days lately so I have to get up at 5am now. It's a living :lol!: I do enjoy it though and I get free meals plus all the free coffee I can drink

Welcome Johnny.. You found a great place to share and learn.. Life can be filled with good things...
Chuck..

Hey, Johnny, welcome aboard! Hey I live in Wichita, just down the road! You know east of Dodge city some.

Do you smoke by the YMCA or where the Great American used to be? Norwich has plenty of nice memories for me, so it's nice to see someone on BoB also representin' Upstate...

-Jason

lordnoble":ewrfyozv said:
Do you smoke by the YMCA or where the Great American used to be? Norwich has plenty of nice memories for me, so it's nice to see someone on BoB also representin' Upstate...

-Jason

Jason,

I smoke at my house most of the time. I'm more into sitting in the chair reading a book or watching a movie or browsing forums than I am walking around town smoking. It is a pretty cool little town here. I've only lived here for about a year so the plentiful memories are just starting