hi all.. im beth and im new here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abyss

Reaction score
theres a photo of an antonov 10 doing a low pass..i was trying to find out if its real or fake?
any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the BoB Beth, and that sure is a curious opener regarding the Antonov 10. It's an aged platform, can be many of them around?

im still having a tough time with this photo
those who think its fake.. i prove otherwise
i can see this will take a lot to find out
btw.. im from ontario canada
and its a pleasure to be here.. thanks again :)

Welcome to BoB, Beth. Glad to have you here. If you could post the photo, someone may be able to help you. Some of us are aviation buffs :)

Welcome aboard Beth. Was this photo in one of the bombing threads? I know one of our pilots favors an old Fokker.

Oh, you're all talking about a plane. I'd love to see the photo. If you can't post it, link might do. Welcome.

just wanted to say thanks and to let you know i found out about the photo
i dont know how to post a picture here but i will put the link here so you can see for yourself..
it was hard to find out the truth
the photo is a fake and its of the antonov 12.. not the antonov 10

sovetarmy.2x2forum.com/t268-topic#422

the fake one was the 6th photo from the bottom of the page where the antonov 12 is on a snowy runway.. the fake had no landing gear showing and claiming it was a low pass..
take care all.. :)
beth

Like this?

Y3URlCP.jpg

Welcome. :D

I'm not a plane/jet guy and wouldn't know an Antonov 10 from a Boeing Dreamliner, though I suspect it might be a tad smaller.

Ooops. Our posts passed like ships in the night DW. Maybe this is the one? Good find if it is.

Looks like a legit photo to me, but then I don't know anything about photo shop or how to tell if a photo has been altered. Though I would think there would be some snow kicked up in its wake.

What? People just wander in off the internet and ask about an old Russian airliner on a pipe forum? I'm cool with it. 8)

Probably figure we are a bunch of intellectuals, sitting around smoking pipes, imbibing a good single barrel, and contemplating our next novel. I suppose 2 out of 4 ain't bad.

Too bad Yak wasn't still around. He would have explained exactly what was going on with that pic, and all the details of the entire conspiracy. :face:

Hey Beth,

Here's my take on the pic provided by DW above...

The plane's shadows are consistent with the post's in the foreground. There is, albeit small and hard to see, a degree of snow kicked up by the prop wash behind the aircraft. The pilot is probably very experienced to attempt such a stunt. The weather looks very settled; cloudless skies indicative of a high pressure giving little or no wind - exactly what you'd need for such an attempt. The pilot has probably weighed up the implications of touching down with the belly of the aircraft; being snow and potentially soft, little drag would be created, lowering the chances of an all out crash. My verdict: genuine picture.

But then there are some really clever types with photo editing software... :suspect:

Richard Burley":xpoq57ah said:
What? People just wander in off the internet and ask about an old Russian airliner on a pipe forum? I'm cool with it. 8)
:lol!:

Don't fight RB, embrace it.

Well I figure if they let me in here, this isn't much of a stretch really.

abyss/beth

So, are you a pipe smoker? Your intro and 2 other posts to this topic reveal nothing about this, and this is after all, a site devoted to pipe enthusiasts.

It's reasonable to expect that one would say a bit about their pipe journey without first launching into a quest for photos of an airplane. I'm a rather suspicious sort, and your post raised some flags for me.

I'll stop short of accusing you of trolling, but would like instead to see you come forth with a more informative introduction. My experience as a moderator on another site has made me wary you see. Nothing personal.

Cheers,

RR