Hi Folks!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimefrog

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been lurking here for a couple of days and have already learned a ton.  I've been smoking pipes now for a couple months after finding cigars too pricey and cigs to be like a job and no fun at all.

Anyway I'm loving my pipes.  I started with a new Pete Aran 306 and quickly bought a Nørding Freehand.  They're both great but smoke very differently.  The Nørding has a HUGE chamber and is a bit picky about how I pack it.  But done right it smokes like a dream.  I also just bought an estate Pete 80s off eBay that should arrive tomorrow or Friday.  It may need some work, but luckily I have this place to learn how to do it.

I am currently working my way through VAs and VaPers, trying Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake, FVF, Escudo, 3 Nuns (new version), Capstan Blue (new version), Dark Star, and couple others I don't remember (I made a friend at a B&M who lets me try open tins).  I've also tried Frog Morton Celler and the OG, and loved both, and even straight perique and latakia so I would learn the taste of them (boy did I).

So far, I haven't found anything I dislike (except the straight latakia) but the 3 Nuns definitely knocked me on my ass so I put it in a mason jar hoping it mellows a tad.

Happy smoking!

Welcome to BoB. You've come to the right place...with the right people...enjoy.

<div align="center"></div>Welcome to the forums!  I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"