Hilarious,Old Anti Smoking Postcard

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
This cracked me up:

BpFeyU2kKGrHqEOKi0EuZfnKi5BLp63vdbc.jpg

Cool old school propaganda! Thanks for posting, dock!

I always suspected that I was the moral equivalent of a feckless coward. However, I have unequivocally known for some time that I am a spineless, slithering, depraved, environmentally polluting pipester with no regard for myself nor my fellow man. I smoke a pipe, therefore, I am.

I think I'm the fellow with the hat, headed into the saloon.

These are the same puritan kooks who said "self-abuse" would kill you. Either they were wrong, or I'm immortal.

31 is to young to be immortal.. wait til your 37.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about the devil in the back ground! You're all going to hell!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I caught a dose of similar anti smoking and drinking propaganda at bible camp one summer. They made us swear an oath and sign a paper promising not to become a skid row bum and a disappointment to our parents by indulging in demon tobacco and alcohol,,,,all kinds of horror stories to scare the dickens out of us. A few days later I was mowing the ministers lawn and noticed him smoking his pipe and sucking down a Schlitz on the back porch,,,,, :scratch:

mark":21as66pn said:
Yeah, I caught a dose of similar anti smoking and drinking propaganda at bible camp one summer. They made us swear an oath and sign a paper promising not to become a skid row bum and a disappointment to our parents by indulging in demon tobacco and alcohol,,,,all kinds of horror stories to scare the dickens out of us. A few days later I was mowing the ministers lawn and noticed him smoking his pipe and sucking down a Schlitz on the back porch,,,,, :scratch:
Now that was a minister living in freedom! :cheers:

There were cards similar to this one that addressed another "S" word besides smoking!!! I didn't buy into that one either :lol!: :lol!: FTRPLT

Well, I reckon I'm a low, degraded loafer, but I'll never touch,"the vile and deadly cigarette" :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: