Hilson Champagne Calabash review - video

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlz9mm

Reaction score
Here is my video review of the Hilson Champagne Calabash

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wkW7dKfru0I" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Another nice review. Keep them up, I really enjoy them and you bring unique pipes to my attention. Just subscribed to your channel.

Jack

That look's like a really nice one Charlz but, dadburn it!
Now I'm going to have to get one.

No one was expecting any presents from me this year anyway. ;)

I have one of the old Pioneer gourd calabash pipes, and while it's not a clencher, it is fantastic for smoking flakes. Especially those Virginia's which tend to create a little extra condensation. Plus, it really helps eliminate almost all the tongue bite.

I've never tried one of the briar calabash, but I have been looking at some that have the magnetized briar bowls. I wish I could get a magnetized meerschaum bowl, but I haven't seen anyone offering any of those yet. I really like the versatility of only having one meerschaum bowl to smoke multiple blends with.

Great review Charlz. I also have one that I purchased earlier this year. And I know what you mean when you said that you almost didn't want to smoke it because it was so beautiful. I felt exactly the same way. Felt like I was despoiling a pretty little virgin. But what a smoke!