Hmmph. A Miscalculation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
I bid a C-note for this cute little feller on ebay then forgot about it, thinking I had it covered unless some psycho showed up. It's a chubby 999 Peterson Shamrock, which I believe is a second. It had a couple of small fills and was in need of cosmetic restoration. So I should have had it covered, right? Went for $130.50. Ticked me off a little bit. But I need another pipe like I need a third nut.

So who got it? Anyone here?

I have that very pipe, a 999 also with the Shamrock stamp.  I've had mine a while, but I assure you I paid nowhere near that amount when I bought it on ebay.  I'm surprised this one went that high, and like you, I would have thought your bid would have covered it easily.  Hmmm; maybe I should think about selling mine :twisted: !

I have several Pete 999's and that one is certainly chubby and not representative of what I have. Think I'd go for that one also at the right price!

Cheers,

RR

That seems a bit pricey for a 2nd line.

I wasn't paying attention to this one (a buddy stopped by the garage with his new Jaguar F-type R and took me for a spin!). This ended while we were out. No COM is out, but the shape says pre-Republic, sold for $42. Kicking myself...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PETERSON-039-S-PIPE-DUBLIN-IRELAND-STERLING-SILVER-BAND-WITH-HALLMARKS-/122980193802?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eRjkQZWJwY2FU9JEwSoMi5bi6GE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

s-l500.jpg