Ho Lee Fuk...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YU2m3xf99R4" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:lol!:

The asian newscast producer's name was Oshe it.:twisted: 

AJ

Some one lost their job over that one. Wonder if an IT guy typed it up as a joke thinking editing would get it and it some how slipped past.:!:  Funny shite though:lol: 

Just In: The tv station pulls a pun with the air craft crash. Using slang ( racist) names for the pilots.

I am still searching for, but haven't found, all the news coverage of the Asians protesting and marching. Yelling racism, profiling, screaming brutality, and holding out their hands for retribution. Where is the outrage among the Asian community?
Sure, the Airline company may be upset over it, but what about the general population?

Nevermind...

The station issued an apology today, stating that these were not actually the names of the pilots, but rather a transcript of the last 10 seconds of tape on the cockpit voice recorder. :twisted: 

HCraven":6l0jf2iz said:
The station issued an apology today, stating that these were not actually the names of the pilots, but rather a transcript of the last 10 seconds of tape on the cockpit voice recorder. :twisted: 
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: 

Ahh, good ol' KTVU. Bay Area's "top" news source. Looks like they need to hire a couple new fact checkers.

Hilarious. :lol:

What's the big deal? It's just standard 21st century "journalism" . I'm surprised that a Fox station did not originate it :twisted:  :twisted: 

Maybe it is all lost on me, but...  I don't get how this is funny. The news agency deserves to be sued.  Nuff said.  

keen smoke":07zzgzxz said:
Maybe it is all lost on me, but...  I don't get how this is funny.  The news agency deserves to be sued.  Nuff said.  

They ARE getting sued. Saw it on the news today. And that isn't funny at all. :no: 

The lawyers and the IRS.

The winner gets taxed on the entire amount awarded -- before the weasels take their cut. He's frequently left with essentially nothing after court costs &c. are paid (non-deductable). It's a racket that deterrs most from even suing.  :twisted: 

:face:

Turns out an intern at the NTSB confirmed the names when the station checked. Of course the student was fired.:roll: 

keen smoke":tuvq4dq0 said:
Maybe it is all lost on me, but...  I don't get how this is funny.  The news agency deserves to be sued.  Nuff said.  
Honestly, I don't think the humor lies in the names themselves; it's a cheap, grade school level joke. The real humor comes from the fact that so many people failed to realize it was a joke before it blew up in their faces. Kinda like how every now and again, some hapless news organization will republish or otherwise react to an article in The Onion as if the paper were a legitimate news source.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/29/fooled-by-the-onion-8-most-embarrassing-fails.html