HO Railroading.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't intend to close the back for exactly the reasons listed.

I think there may be some confusion here.. This 'layout' is still just Kato Unitrack snapped together to play with as I assemble the parts for the next step.. At some point this comes up and I paint, mold, model..then I'll lay track and ballast.

The final plan is kinda in my head but still very flexible so I'd love the scans. I think it's BS that MR wants $5 a month for access to the archives and then only after paying the $43 subscription price. I'd be better off buying the back issues at the LHS. I have purchased random copies down through the years but that stopped when I went to subscribe and saw their business model. I can handle more ads than articles or higher cost with less ads, but I won't do both.

I'm going to subscribe to N scale and join one of the two major associations devoted to nscale, I figure that will cover me. I also belong to nscale.net and keep a couple free 'magazinish' sites in the bookmarks.
The research side is what I do when I can't get out of bed.

We still have the HO train set from the 70's. Use to put it up around the base of the xmas tree, going to put it up next year for the 2 grandsons.

Well this is cool, from back when they combined function with art--or something. I assume there was actually a train that looked like this? Must have been, I reckon. (Painting of LeHigh Valley K5B Pacific Streamlined Steam Locomotive by Mark Karvon.)

red_tr10.jpg
" />

That's a great pic - I'm into Lionel trains, and also N scale - - mostly postwar with the Lionel bu have some MTH and Williams as well....

will have to post some pics...it's a great hobby, but takes time and space - and lots of work! Easier to light a pipe and dream up a track plan and layout then to build one!

Funny that it was bumped. I was making trees earlier. I've completed two, I need about 800 more. Lol.

Plus I aquired a Precision Craft Baltimore & Ohio EMD E7 DCC w/h Lok Sound.

Excuse the background noise, I was just going to snap pics but a video is actually easier.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g4x9iWTbVaY" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>