Holes in my clothes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazsup

Reaction score
Well once again today I burned a nice little hole in a dress shirt. Over the years I think I have dedicated two suits five shirts, a few shirts and sweaters and pants too numerous to count to the pipe gods. My question is has anyone come up with a good excuse that gets them out of trouble with the beautiful bride. I going to get that look again tonight when I get home and it ain't the look I was hoping for.

"Darling, I bought you this diamond tennis bracelet! The money was burning a hole in my pocket... see, there's the hole it burnt!"

Yeah.. Tell her you got into a fight with a guy that said his wife was sexier than your wife and in the ongoing battle you accidently dropped your pipe.. Your favorite pipe, your very favorite material possesion in defense of her Womanhood, but even that was a small price to pay in defence of the woman even Venus looks to in envy!!

(said in a singing merry tone)
"Honey, shopping opportunity".
(Work's for my wife anyway, she don't care who she's shopping for just as long as she's shopping)

Tell her you damn sick of moths eating all yuor good clothes, but a smoking jacket is moth resistant. Wax indignant, and make sure she knows your jacket size.

Five or six years ago when I was taking back to pipe smoking a friend of mine who was a life long piper warned me about ruining my clothes. I dunno if I am just lucky but other than one hole in the elastic waistband of my work jacket, I am so far unscathed. I have come close many times especially using wood matches in the car the burning ember always wants to go flying somewhere but so far so good.

So, like, how do you burn holes in your clothes with a pipe? In 30 years I have never burned an article of clothing!

The only place I smoke is in my easy chair.I wear old shirts when I smoke,and Yes I've burned holes in more of them than I care to remember.

Overfilling pipes is a major cause. When you go to light it and it raises up, suddenly you are fighting to control coals teetering on the edge of the rim. :D

So far I've been lucky... on one or two occasions a strand of burning pipeweed has attempted to jump on me, but I have good reflexes and got 'em off before they could burn me.

I should note that while I have pretty much kicked the habit of cigarettes, I have accidentally burnt myself with them on occasion (not fun!).

It's the ember that landed on my favorite recliner that Hurt the most - and that counts the ones thal landed on my lap :)

I have almost burned my clothes a few times, but not a common occurrence. The best defense is to smoke in clothes you don't care too much about - undershirts, old jeans, sweats, etc.

-Andrew