holiday season

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Our guilty pleasure is watching holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel. We usually watch one a week, for the acting, suspenseful and unpredictable plot twists."

OK, I'll be a man and own up to watching them too.

I hate those movies. Except the animated cartoons ones they are fun. And most of all I loath holiday music, yuck its such crap, especially that drummer boy song. That song is like 3 hours long and so repetitive. And that 12 days of christmas song. Irritating more than fiberglass underwear.

I've seen them many times, but the classics such as "Miracle on 34th Street," "It's A Wonderful Life," "Going My Way," and "Holiday Inn" continue to draw me in year after year.

I enjoy the Holidays but really take them low key so to speak. My better half celebrates her Birthday on Christmas Day so I make Dinner for her and a few other family members and then during the evening we celebrate her Birthday with cake and dessert. A double celebration makes for a full and enjoyable day. Even better if we get snowed in!!! My only regrets are that my family is so far spread and it's almost impossible to get everyone together.

Doc we do the low key now, with kids grown and there own families we only have my bachelor son who comes in from Houston. I share the same ritual with you as wife has her birthday on the 29th of Dec, joke at home is she gets 2 presents and I only get one. I'm not much on presents as I get within reason what I need all year.Merry Christmas to all , Notice I didn't say Happy Holidays.:lol!:

cajun":ubtemtzd said:
I'm not much on presents as I get within reason what I need all year.Merry Christmas to all , Notice I didn't say Happy Holidays.:lol!:
I'm in the same situation here Bradley, I have more than I need already not really wanting for anything. And I am TOTALLY in agreement about Merry Christmas to all.:rendeer: 

I enjoy the holiday season, having 4 kids it was always fun watching them unwrap their gifts and seeing the excitement on their faces. Now that they are older it is still fun to have them around to hang out, watch movies and eat some good food. My youngest daughter is only 11 so it is still an important part of her life and that brings a lot of joy to me. They have a Christmas song channel on my cable tv so I put that on and we listen to all the old classics. For me it brings back a sense of times gone by and a life that was slower and more family orientated. One of my favorite Christmas songs is the Little Drummer Boy sung by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. You can hear it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus

Thanks for the link Harris. I must live in a cave because I've never heard them sing together before. Great video and song.
:D 

Well, I guess Im glad its there for those of you who do enjoy it. I do wish I could walk into a shop and not have my ears assulted with horrible repetitive music. There are some good Christmas carrols but they all seem to play the worst ones the can find, drummer boy, 12 day (which is like 12 hour long), and those horrible pop and country singer remakes.
I do enjoy everyone being happier and nicer this time of year though. Saddly come January they will be more grumpy and hateful than ever.

I really like the holidays. I don't go to stores much anyway so not going during this time of year is pretty easy for me. Yeah, I don't like that they start so early and it is a hype machine but having my daughters around and going to see family is a fun part about it. I've already made some bread pudding, and we had the little ones over to decorate cookies so it's fun. It's the week after Christmas that gets me, my wife and daughter have birthdays between Christmas and New Years.  :roll: 

It's all good.