HOLY JUMPIN UP AND DOWN MARTHA!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fumus,

I hope you are able to eventually dig out of the rubble! It looks like you took direct hits from multiple bombs.

Pilots,

Job well done! Let no man think he can stand in the way of our collective might!

Fr_Tom":df9j4wam said:
kaitlyn3837":df9j4wam said:
Let no man think he can stand in the way of our collective might!
Or woman...   just saying.
Whoa whoa whoa! Calm yourself! I'm still reeling from the bombs I have been hit with.

Proof: Just this morning I enjoyed a mug of Sassy Bear tea from Kobuk. A nasty bugger from Alaska had it hidden in a bomb that was right on target for my bunker... Still haven't found the cats or dog BUT the tea was great! :p Even considering buying some more online...

Ha! There are still things that I haven't even TRIED yet from when I got bombed in 2014. I'd say I still have 30% of what I was bombed with, and about 20% of that I haven't unsealed since jarring.

It's hard to figure out what you want to smoke when you've got 96 blends, totaling 16.75 pounds cellared.... One day, we'll all make it through our bombing stashes, I'm sure of it. :D

juanmedusa":riln6gm3 said:
May I be blessed to live long enough!
LMAO! Right?!

I'm like WarlockBob, I still have stuff I haven't even tried yet!

WarlockBob":0xdns8yn said:
It's hard to figure out what you want to smoke when you've got 96 blends, totaling 16.75 pounds cellared.... One day, we'll all make it through our bombing stashes, I'm sure of it. :D
I know, right?

Someone sent me 250g of FVF, that was 2013. I still haven't finished that! :p

DrumsAndBeer":6qwj9ce7 said:
WarlockBob":6qwj9ce7 said:
I know, right?

It doesn't help that I'm not including all the blends I get in to review for Pipes & Tobaccos. They only get added to the list if I decide to keep 'em. I get 10-14 every three months, most of them at least 50g tins. It's ridiculous.

Speaking of, I think I should start my own tobacco thread; list the tobaccos I'm not keeping, and just send them out to folks once I'm done with reviews. I hate keeping blends I'm not going to smoke regularly, and I'd feel morally wrong selling them when I've received them for free. What do you guys think?

WarlockBob":b7vfdvfz said:
DrumsAndBeer":b7vfdvfz said:
WarlockBob":b7vfdvfz said:
I know, right?

It doesn't help that I'm not including all the blends I get in to review for Pipes & Tobaccos. They only get added to the list if I decide to keep 'em. I get 10-14 every three months, most of them at least 50g tins. It's ridiculous.

Speaking of, I think I should start my own tobacco thread; list the tobaccos I'm not keeping, and just send them out to folks once I'm done with reviews. I hate keeping blends I'm not going to smoke regularly, and I'd feel morally wrong selling them when I've received them for free. What do you guys think?
That would be pretty cool. That's a good idea!

I feel the same when I get tobacco samples in the shop. I keep what I like and try to offer the rest to other pipers in the area.

Now then Fumus old chap.

I've opened this thread religiously for the past week or so in the hope of finding some Robert Capa styled photos that instantly transports one into the heart of the action. But alas, I've retired each time un-satiated.

What do you reckon mate?

Stick":5f6991l9 said:
Now then Fumus old chap.  

I've opened this thread religiously for the past week or so in the hope of finding some Robert Capa styled photos that instantly transports one into the heart of the action. But alas, I've retired each time un-satiated.

What do you reckon mate?
I'm starting to wonder if he got caught under some shifting rubble?

Bombed into oblivion..........................

I like Warlock's idea as well!

ok, we'll see if this works.  Been a while since I posted any pics.  Sorry for the delay with these folks.  Life went all sideways on me for a bit, (mom was rush to the Emergency Room, but is out of hospital now and seems to be doing fine), but now it seems as if things are settling down.

Ok, well now that Im looking at them on the big screen (took them with my phone), can't say as im overly impressed with quality of the photos, but hopefully you can get the idea.

Oh, and one more thing.  In the midst of dealing with all the drama, four more pieces of ordinance were lobbed into the still smoking crater formerly known as the living room.  Must say the timing of this secondary strike was rather superlative as it brought a much needed bright spot into the midst of a stressful time. These photo's were taken before the second wave arrived, so will need to update the inventory and take some more photo's once I separate out the contents of the second wave (my over eager assistants added the contents of second wave to the contents of first wave before I had conducted a proper inventory).  :afro:

Stone the crows Fumus, you were done good! That's an outstanding effort by the bombers responsible. :cheers:

Sorry to learn of your mom too - hope she's chipper again very soon.

Regards,

Stick.

Fumus":ormk8rzc said:

Ok, well now that Im looking at them on the big screen (took them with my phone), can't say as im overly impressed with quality of the photos, but hopefully you can get the idea.
It look like some good smoking to me. I always like the pictures to help me grasp the extent of the damage...