Home blending

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Who here does a little home blending every now and then?

I was gifted some HH Arcadian Perique which I found a little harsh though with a lovely flavour. So I ordered some blending baccies, McClelland oriental and latakia and mixed by weight 50% latakia and 25% each the oriental and the HH. It's a very yummy mixture now but will jar it for a month or so before getting stuck into it with purpose.

Anyone got any favourite recipes they're willing to share?

Cheers

Tim

In a search to find a VaPer with a good dose of Perique, I asked for some suggestions here on the forum.  Many recommended that I purchase McClellands 5100 Red Cake and mix in some bulk McClellands Perique.  I made four batches of 5100 RC/Perique: 15%, 25%, 35% and 45%.  For me the winner was 35% Perique/65% 5100 RC.  Since then I tried many VaPers, but I really like the 5100 RC/Perique mixture.  The 5100 RC on its own is fantastic.  Adding some perique to it makes for a great VaPer. :cheers:

I am waiting for Ozzy (OzarkWizard) to chime in here.

He sent me some very nice blends of his creation.

DrumsAndBeer":5hdte3cg said:

Just got here today, been working in no Ethernet Land......

What would One be interested in? Vapers?

No worries, eh?

Ozark Wizard":iel3i2su said:
DrumsAndBeer":iel3i2su said:

Just got here today, been working in no Ethernet Land......

What would One be interested in? Vapers?

No worries, eh?
Hello Ozzy,
Speaking of VaPers, have you ever made Perique? I thought I saw a post somewhere on the forum about making Perique. I thought I would give it a try, but I am not sure what leaf works?...Burley, Dark Air?

Perique is usually made out of a Burley grown in the southern US, but honestly the idea of Perique is like the idea of Cavendish, or Latakia. Though the type of plant is considered important, it's the process that makes it what it is...

I can send you a link via PM o how to approach the creation of Perique...

Hmmm...Over the years I have certainly mixed/blended tobaccos; though, quite frankly, I never thought much about it and never kept an exact "recipe." I typically added Latweed to a given blend until it tasted the way I liked. I've also mixed my own 'Oriental" blend with Ginnyweed/s and Oriental/s. Never done a VaPer nor any mixing/blending with Burley; I tend to like it straight. FWIW :cheers: FTRPLT

I try to keep good notes on recipes and blends. Only way for me to be sure, and it works so far.