Homebrewing Thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comintern

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Personally I do a fair bit of my pipesmoking while brewing up some beer with some friends of mine. I brew beer with the only other person I know in real life that smokes a pipe and I find brewing and piping goes quite well together.

Light up the first pipe of the day while getting your strike water heated. You're probably finished in time for sparging to begin. From there you can pack up another pipe while you get the boil going and depending on your hop schedule you've got nothing but time to sit back and enjoy. Of course you gotta crack a couple nice brews while your brewing so everything melds quite nicely.

Right now I've got an Irish Stout bottle conditioning that turned out really nice in preliminary tasting. And an IPA conditioning that should be interesting to see.

This weekend we're brewing up a Cascadian Black IPA and I'll probably be smoking some McClelland St. James Woods and then probably some Escudo.

Sounds great. I don't brew personally, but I know a chap who does. And he just happens to enjoy the briar too...

Comintern":f3ropapp said:
That's a great Robert Service quote in your signature Stick!
Yes, I like it too. I see the Brothers here as the honest friends. Jolly good types, one and all.