Honda Odyssey EXL

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WizardOfAZ

Reaction score
It's true. We just purchased our first family minivan. Before you snicker though,,, hear me out! Dark chameleon blue/purple, with black tinted windows for the kiddos to watch the TV. Capacity for 8 in comfy leather chairs all the way around, with individual climate control and audio. Automatic doors, including the hatch when approaching with a load of groceries, etc. 10" GPS navigation screen, Bluetooth, moonroof, kickass stereo and even wireless headphones for those who watch TV while others enjoy a movie, or visa versa. Heated, full power front seats, 6 disk changer, mp3, aux, and iPod connections. 6 Cyl Eco mode, I'm tracking around the mid 25mpg range. 3500 lb towing capacity for dragging a boat around. And the best part is,,, the $4000 in equity from the Cash 4 Clunkers deal on my KIA Soul I traded, which kept my payment around $300/ month... The way I see it,,, its got as many bells and whistles as a Cadillac, but much more roomy. More like a luxury motorcoach I think. My family is going nuts over this thing, and all I can do is shake my head. I remember when owning a "soccer mom" minivan was an embarrassment. Now that I've matured a little, I think its about the most practical vehicle I could own...

:cheers:

Incidentally, on the subject of motor vehicles, I've enjoyed my share. I once owned a 1982 Mercury Cougar XR7, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1994 Geo Tracker, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 6CYL with all the Holly parts, 1977 Dodge Aspen, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2003 Mazda 6, 2010 KIA Soul, and now my Odyssey... I can't see owning any impractical vehicles for a while, but in the future, my list of cars I wouldn't mind owning are : Another XR4Ti, any Boxster, any Jeep Wrangler, or at a minimum, a 70's MGB Roadster...