Hookah Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JM

Reaction score
Ever smoke hookah tobacco in a pipe? Is there a difference? :face:

Never tried it but has always interested me...I wonder what it taste amd smells like??

Not tried it, and don't believe I ever will either.

Apparently it pretty much comes in OTT fruity flavors, from my understanding anyway. Not my cup-o-tea if you know what I mean.

Cheers,

RR

I've seen Irish Cream, chocolate, butterscotch to name a few.

Hookah tobacco was described to me as extremely moist and sticky. I dont think it would burn well in a pipe but I may be wrong.

i smoke hookah often, and i have a hookah that cost more than my pipes. i love it. fun to do with friends. never in a pipe though, way to sticky and mushy.

yes, the tobacco isnt burned in a hookah either, it is baked or vaporized by coals, it does not smell like smoke because very little tar is released.

I frequently smoke hookah tobacco out of my pipe. But, I don’t smoke the wet & sticky flavored tobacco that is mixed with molasses intended for the hookah. You have to use the raw leaf. The tobacco comes completely dried in leaf form. The leaves are long and wrapped in a bundle. To use it, you have to hydrate the bundle or else the leaves will crumble apart. Once the bundle is moist enough, the leaves become pliable and easier to handle. The flavor of the raw hookah tobacco is distinct and rather strange. It has a unique musty and leathery aroma. I add about 10% to 20% Gawith & Hoggarth latakia and it makes for an interesting smoke. Without the Virginias, Orientals or even Burleys, this hookah-based blend is a nice departure from your standard English mixtures.