Hope in Syracuse

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
I talked to Mike at Rocky's today and he told me that they will be carrying tobacco from
C&D, GL Pease, Ashton, Dunhill, McClelland and Uhle's. This should begin sometime in September, so give him a call and tell him what your looking for. If this comes through it will be great to have fine Tobacco in our own back yard.

I should be passing through in two weeks, I'll be sure to stop and show support.

Best of luck to you guys over in Upstate. I was out there in Syracuse/Ithaca/Elmira/Horseheads a few years ago. Nice place, just definitely took awhile to get used to the lack of pine/evergreen that I'm spoiled with here in the Pacific North-West/Sierra Nevada's.

Thanks for the support, hope this flies. Anthony I here you, I live about 12 miles west of Syracuse, we do have our fair share wooded areas and an old growth forest or two, but nothing to compare to the Pacific north west.

Yeah, my first time out in Upstate was around October-ish. I thought there was a forest fire or all the trees were dead, since they were all brown... Never experienced that before, haha.

Anthony, this is what the trees looked like before they turned brown.
Autumn, my favorite time of year!

2009-10-10-mjg-ttl10jpg-cf3dd3129b17be96_large.jpg

Midnight Blues":ngb0ox8z said:
I talked to Mike at Rocky's today and he told me that they will be carrying tobacco from
C&D, GL Pease, Ashton, Dunhill, McClelland and Uhle's. This should begin sometime in September, so give him a call and tell him what your looking for. If this comes through it will be great to have fine Tobacco in our own back yard.
MB, Do you go to the "Little Big Smoke" every year?

DoverPipes":txstnrkc said:
Midnight Blues":txstnrkc said:
DP, I'm not familiar with the event, can you fill me in.

Agreed, Midnight Blues. I lived in upstate New York for a while. It's beautiful when the leaves change. And parts of it are pretty wooded. Especially near Letchworth State Park and then up in the Adirondacks. =) But I'll bet it's nothing compared to the northwest. Though I've never been out that way.

That's great news. Sounds like he's going to carry a bunch of brands too. I'll be interested in hitting him up for some Uhles. Yummmm :tongue:

Midnight Blues":j0h2xxs1 said:
DoverPipes":j0h2xxs1 said:
Midnight Blues":j0h2xxs1 said:
DP, I'm not familiar with the event, can you fill me in.
MB,
Rocky's sponsors a charity event every year (Fall) at Barbagallo's Restaurant in East Syracuse The event is modeled after the Cigar Aficionado "Big Smoke". You get around 20-25 decent cigars, full buffet dinner, all the alcohol you can drink (usually several different types of beer, scotch, rum, and clear spirits. They also run a cash bar for mixed drinks. Tickets run around $125 per.

They have games of chance and poker tables. I have filled my liquor cabinet with Stolis & Absolut bottles that I either won in the table games or as door prizes (Last year, I left with EIGHT bottles of top shelf spirits! :D )

I have been up there for the event four or five times. Sadly, I probably won't be there this year due to a recent "falling out" :x I had with my best friend over not "returning a phone call" (Sounds like third grade crap, I know.....). We worked together for NYS as Criminal Investigators and in his PI / Security / Firearms / Training Business. He would invite me up every year as a get together for his company. It was always a good time had by all.

About three or four years ago, Erik Nording was there in PERSON!!!! He sold a bunch of pipes and cigars there. He even autographed the pipes if you wanted him to.

Get on Rocky's mail list ASAP and they let you know all of the details. http://rockyscigar.blogspot.com/