Hops Festival tomorrow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbtxnc

Reaction score
Ah, beautiful day and stuck inside working :x , but tomorrow is the Hickory Hops Festival in beautiful downtown Hickory, NC from 1 to 7. This will be my third visit and I am really looking forward to it, basically a bunch of breweries there and all you can drink for $30 or $35 :D . I've missed a few due to conflicts with the TAPS pipe show, but this year they are on different weekends! Anyone in the area should make it out for this, it really is a good time and the weather is going to be perfect. This time tomorrow I'll be in heaven: a pipe full of great tobacco in one hand :pipe: and a bottomless glass of beer in the other :drunken: .

Needless to say I will be avoiding the computer (and driving) tomorrow evening, drunk typing (and driving) is even more dangerous than drunk dialing.

That sounds like an awesome event! I will have to put that on the calendar for next year!

Oh, it was wonderful as expected. My two favorites were both from a local brewery here in town so I lucked out there, specifically Old Black Magic and something I can't remember Barley Wine, both from the Old(e?) Hickory Brewery. The Black Magic was aged for something like 6 months in Jack Daniel's barrells, what a flavor...

aaronbtxnc":1d0y1ykd said:
Oh, it was wonderful as expected. My two favorites were both from a local brewery here in town so I lucked out there, specifically Old Black Magic and something I can't remember Barley Wine, both from the Old(e?) Hickory Brewery. The Black Magic was aged for something like 6 months in Jack Daniel's barrells, what a flavor...
Sounds awesome! Where might I get some of that Old Black magic?