House got robbed today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
My wife called me after lunch to tell me when she got home from yoga, our house had been broken into. They took her jewelry, lots of it heirlooms and gifts, mostly of sentimental value, but still worth something and irreplaceable. :no: 

They left all our other stuff alone apparently, but now I'm concerned with what to do to prevent them from coming back. Obviously I care about my pipes, but I have other big ticket items in the house that I would not be happy to find missing. :evil: 

Holy Crap!!

Looks like it might be time to call ADT or some other security company.That kind of behavior from folks really pisses me off. I hope you guys will be alright.

That sucks! I hate thieves!
Somebody, (I think it was here) reported
that the scumbags who broke into his house
stopped up the drains and ran all the water.

Damn that sucks. I hate thieves.

:evil: 

Hope you can get some compensation for this. And that the perps are apprehended.

Get you some home protection, like the ADT or the like. And arm yourselves if you haven't already.

No Cheers,

RR

I am sorry to hear this. I hope

and hermit I think that was the movie home alone.

just kidding even thought there is nothing funny about the situation. i dont live in a bad neighborhood at all but i got a dog for two reasons one being i love dogs and two i know that any one will think twice about a B&E when they hear him barking.

get yourself a dog.. doesn't need to be a big dog just a barker.  get good deadbolt locks and use them. lights outside when dark.. if you have blind spots the motion detection lights from home depot, etc.. work great. next step up would be some video of the doors and driveway while your house is unattended.

how did they get in? door or window or ?

funny they knew when your wife would be out of the house for yoga. who knows her schedule?

forget the arming yourself... shooting someone for robbery unless they are armed and directly threatened you will only cause you problems.

man, this stinks! Hopefully the police help. Also doesn't hurt to check local pawn shops for your items.

Bullwinkle":wvc064nx said:
get yourself a dog.. doesn't need to be a big dog just a barker.  get good deadbolt locks and use them. lights outside when dark.. if you have blind spots the motion detection lights from home depot, etc.. work great. next step up would be some video of the doors and driveway while your house is unattended.

funny they knew when your wife would be out of the house for yoga. who knows her schedule?

forget the arming yourself... shooting someone for robbery unless they are armed and directly threatened you will only cause you problems.
That depends on where you live.  Prolly good advice since he's in California.
Here, it's open season if they're in yer house.  :twisted: 

That does suck, I'd be out for blood. This happened to me and I found out it was a fricken neighbor.
Time to get a large safe to put your valuables in. It sounds like someone knew what you had that was worth money cause usually they'll take high end electronics and anything they can pawn also. Trust NO ONE sir.

Man! Sorry to hear that happened. I would go ballistic if that happened here (not that I have too much to steal). But, still I know it isnt any fun, and the feeling of being violated will stick with you for a long while. Hope the cops find the perp(s)

Sorry to hear about this brother! Hope things return to some semblance of normal for you soon.

Jim

Bullwinkle":p68zt6p2 said:

Dead men tell no tales. If you shoot, Kill. Another good story from a good friend: he was fishing in a stream, and a game warden came along: asked to see his fishing license. Friend says: its in my wallet in the tackle box on the shore. Next to my loaded 9mm behind my concealed weapon permit. GW checks all out ok, asks why friend carries a loaded glock. My buddy says "I might have to shoot someone." GW says "Best answer I ever heard for that one." and is on his way.

Not saying arm yourself as a reaction, but if you choose to shoot, shoot to kill. No class ever teaches shoot to maim.

Really sorry this has happened Buddy, been there myself 4 times back when I lived in London, a home security system would be best, the thieves now know what is in your home and will most likely be looking for buyers of what they saw, don't hang about, get a security system installed as soon as possible.

All the very best to you and your family.  :heart: 

jefe1037":dwec0tng said:
Bullwinkle":dwec0tng said:

Dead men tell no tales. If you shoot, Kill. Another good story from a good friend: he was fishing in a stream, and a game warden came along: asked to see his fishing license. Friend says: its in my wallet in the tackle box on the shore. Next to my loaded 9mm behind my concealed weapon permit. GW checks all out ok, asks why friend carries a loaded glock. My buddy says "I might have to shoot someone." GW says "Best answer I ever heard for that one." and is on his way.

Not saying arm yourself as a reaction, but if you choose to shoot, shoot to kill. No class ever teaches shoot to maim.
no one said otherwise IF you decide to shoot.. I love these 'manly' shooting suggestions. have you guys every actually shot someone close up? prevention is his best option.

jefe1037":b2tyndqr said:
Bullwinkle":b2tyndqr said:

That, and Dead men tell no tales.

It saddens me to read this sort of news. Hope it all works out for you brother. Apart from the obvious alarm systems you could add other deterents. Not sure what your property is like but thorny bushes and spikey fencing placed at strategic points, along with security lights can often deter opportunists. As for the shooting business...  :affraid:  . As you know we have different gun laws in Blighty. But I would offer rather than killing someone (always a little terminal), perhaps applying the rule of minimum force. Someone who gets really scared can spread the word, someone who's expired can't.