House of Windsor Revelation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite blends and I'm down to about a tin and a half of it. Once it's gone, it's gone because they haven't produced it for about 5 years. If anyone out there has some that they would like to unload, PM me.

I asked the same Q awhile back and someone put me on to the Altadis match for Revelation -- i.e., the House of Windsor version. With a little bit of age on it I'd say it's pretty close and a nice all-day smoke.

Try Cornell & Diehl's Epiphany. I think it's better. Let us know your opinion. This is my favorite type of tobacco blend, kind of an Americanized English. I would send you some, but I'm down to the last bits in an 8-oz. can.

Bill":5u0x4vuy said:
This is one of my favorite blends and I'm down to about a tin and a half of it. Once it's gone, it's gone because they haven't produced it for about 5 years. If anyone out there has some that they would like to unload, PM me.
Buddy, I feel your pain. Revelation was the first blend I ever smoked, back in the early 80's. RIP Revelation...

A third choice would be 4Noggins' Painter Hills -- try all three and see which one you like!

KevinM":p9si8nax said:
I asked the same Q awhile back and someone put me on to the Altadis match for Revelation -- i.e., the House of Windsor version. With a little bit of age on it I'd say it's pretty close and a nice all-day smoke.
Your right about that Kevin. It's pretty darn good stuff. DrT999 ( thanks again Doc! ) gave me a sample and after going thru it I socked some away. I've got maybe 1/2oz of Revelation left and I expect to feel the same sadness I felt when I finished my last tins of Bengal Slices and Balkan Sobranie.

P.S. I've been meaning to try the C&D version of Revelation. I've read that the C&D version is more like the Philip Morris version of Revelation which (I understand) is the original late, lamented drugstore blend advertised as being Einstein's favorite. The House of Windsor Revelation, so labeled by Altidis, is intended to duplicate the late lamented, well, HofW version, which Einstein could have smoked only posthumously. At least that's the geneology as I understand it. What remains open to question, I guess, is how closely the House of Windsor version resembled the Philip Morris original? So the two I've actually smoked are the HofW version and the Altidis imitation, and though I miss the former I happily keep a supply of the latter handy. Has anyone smoked both the Philip Morris drug store version and the House of Windsor version from before HoW went kaput?

Is everone now confused as hell?

KevinM":iakkobfz said:
Is everone now confused as hell?
Only when I think about it :roll: Now I just mix 2 of the versions (R-Blend & Painter Hills; for me, the blend of the two work better than any one of the three versions) and enjoy it