How did you guys get over tung bite?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harlock999":8kwmcleu said:
i.keenum":8kwmcleu said:
I know how to avoid getting tongue bit now it is just that I was getting with everything in the beggings so is decided to nip it in the butt.
This is just an amazing sentence...
:lol:

Harlock999":g168g1te said:
i.keenum":g168g1te said:
I know how to avoid getting tongue bit now it is just that I was getting with everything in the beggings so is decided to nip it in the butt.
It's the eddyoukayshunul syssem! :(

Dutch":1r5uibsf said:
Harlock999":1r5uibsf said:
i.keenum":1r5uibsf said:
It's the eddyoukayshunul syssem! :(
Be nice guys. He's a product of TEXTING, the DEATH of the English language as we've known it. :p

I have a superb vocabulary, but the damn predictatext on phones makes you sound like snooky, and my mind moves faster than I can type so often leave out and, the, or of. Sorry guys. :lol:

i.keenum":4ga8hi3d said:
I have a superb vocabulary, but the damn predictatext on phones makes you sound like snooky, and my mind moves faster than I can type so often leave out and, the, or of. Sorry guys. :lol:
That's why there is a "Preview" button :p Let's you proofread before you post :cheers:

Kyle Weiss":2bqlsix6 said:
We can call you "Snooky?" :cheers:
Whatever you want darlin' :twisted: S**t ! I realized you were not addressing me ! Brain fart from an old fart :p

monbla256":ary2pre8 said:
Kyle Weiss":ary2pre8 said:
We can call you "Snooky?" :cheers:
Whatever you want sweety :twisted:
Not you, Blabla. :p

You already have a name--that which we shall not post outside PMs when discussing you. :p :p :p

8)

I used to get bite alot when I first started because I smoked to fast. I don't notice it too much anymore but one pipe I never get bite on is my p lip. Since the smoke goes up rather than right at your tongue tip it helps avoid that problem

Some blends just seem to bite me more than others. The only two blends I've discovered recently that do not bite me both come from Tewksbury & Co. out of Denver...Hobbit's Weed and Bar Harbor. Particularly the Hobbit's Weed...probably my most favorite tobacco I've ever smoked, bar none. Their German Chocolate Cake is also nice. All three are supposedly blended in house. They are different, I'll have to say. Villiger 1888 Mid Day is also a pretty nice one if you smoke it slowly.

Macbite tobaccos all seem to get me to some extent. If I'm going to smoke one of their blends, I pick one of my longer stemmed pipes and smoke it slowly, not worrying about it going out several times during the bowl.

I've generally got a glass of Iced Tea near me all day, so that's what I drink. I haven't had a soft drink in years. My preference would be a nice glass of Blue Moon, Guiness, Negra Modelo, or Dos XXX Amber

I have overcome tongue bite and burn by smoking slowly, not over lighting (long heat application) and by not drinking liquor or acidic beverages. Tea is great with a pipe.

calipuffer":1huy0i99 said:
I have overcome tongue bite and burn by smoking slowly, not over lighting (long heat application) and by not drinking liquor or acidic beverages. Tea is great with a pipe.
I agree!

Over the years, I have gradually learned what causes bite, and what to do about it, at least for me. Virginias are high sugar tobaccos, frequently quite wet, and tend to bite. Dry them out a good bit, and most the bite is gone. Most aromatics, and OTCs are highly processed and cased and tend to bite. Not much I have found I can do with them, they just always bite, so I don't smoke them. Relatively pure burley is a very low sugar tobacco and does not bite, at least to me. African tobaccos, such as GH uses are grown in Nitrogen poor soil, and are low sugar so they tend to be non bitey.

I find that the amount of bite definitely varies by blend. For instance, McClelland Virginias like to bite a good bit but they're tasty so I enjoy them in moderation. However, latakia blends tend to have very little bite for me. Thankfully, I enjoy lats the most, so I smoke them constantly, pain-free.