How do you get your news?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard Burley":brrhop30 said:
Fox News. A bit too left-wing for me, but it's better than nothing.
I always liked your sense of humor !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":jh0m2zny said:
Richard Burley":jh0m2zny said:
Just being honest. For example, they're soft on Islam, the welfare state, and all things American reduce to Jesus. Not my cup of tea, but it's better than leftist swill.

Richard Burley":qhd3xbbw said:
monbla256":qhd3xbbw said:
Richard Burley":qhd3xbbw said:
Just being honest.  For example, they're soft on Islam, the welfare state, and all things American reduce to Jesus.  Not my cup of tea, but it's better than leftist swill.
You have a different interpretation of left/right than I'm used to!! :twisted: My conservative friends consider Fox to be the holy grail of the right and NPR to only report leftist/liberal swill :twisted: :twisted:

Richard Burley":g85277oy said:
monbla256":g85277oy said:
Richard Burley":g85277oy said:
Just being honest.  For example, they're soft on Islam, the welfare state, and all things American reduce to Jesus.  Not my cup of tea, but it's better than leftist swill.
I'm pretty much with you Brother Burley. I don't watch tv or cable news period. My news sources are various internet news sites and I enjoy the heck out of radio but NPR isn't programmed on any of my buttons. That said I do listen to some of the public radio music offerings. I love jazz and blues and they play the best around, at least in Seattle.

For radio I alternate between NPR & conservative talk radio so I can get both sides.

On the internet it is Yahoo for current events and Bloomberg for financial news. In the evenings I open the Associated Press app before I go to bed.

For the last 2 months, I have watched the Jerusalem Post website for the latest concerning the Gaza Strip.

Gave up giving a damn years ago. Still get some on the radio, and the stupid phone I have gives me Google headlines. If I could figure out how to turn them off I would.

NPR, Fox News online, local paper four days a week plus the WSJ (paper and online). The only TV news I'll watch is Fox, but that is sporadic; not daily. I'll catch the BBC, WaPo, plus my hometown paper online also.

Every morning I check the weather provided by the local TV station's web page and I check the obituaries from the web page of a news paper published in the area where I grew up to see if any old friends, acquaintances, or any class mates have passed. That's the only news I really care about and tend to ignore the rest of the depressing garbage. Besides no one is going to allow me to resolve some of the problems we're having anyway because my methods may not be politically correct. :lol!:

AJ

The BBC like Adam. I have an app on my phone and tablet. I also listen to BBC Radio 4 a lot too. For a different opinion other than Anglo American slant, I visit Al Jazeera's app regularly too...

'If you can't trust your governments of the world, who can you trust?' Film, Young Einstein.

Stick":pwj4s9a7 said:
The BBC like Adam.  I have an app on my phone and tablet.  I also listen to BBC Radio 4 a lot too.  For a different opinion other than Anglo American slant, I visit Al Jazeera's app regularly too...

'If you can't trust your governments of the world, who can you trust?' Film, Young Einstein.
I'm with you on Al Jazeera as well, particularly when it comes to the middle east and Europe.

In the morning I bounce between Fox for its slant, HLN for fluff,and local stations for the important stuff!