How long after opening

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titus13

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody here waits to smoke tobacco
After opening a tin I opened up a tin of or orlik golden slices
And forgot about it a couple of weeks later I smoke a flake
And it tasted better then when I opened it up

I'd say the majority of blends smoke better for me if I let them air out a bit. Most factories pack the tobacco on the moist side to increase the freshness after the tin is opened.

Ocelot55":3m6c6h20 said:
I'd say the majority of blends smoke better for me if I let them air out a bit. Most factories pack the tobacco on the moist side to increase the freshness after the tin is opened.
This for me as well. In fact I usually wait 3/6 days after opening before I have a bowl of most of my tinned 'baccy, especially Va's. :twisted:

Oh, yeah. And it peaks just before it gets too dry, it seems. Friggin' juggling act.

Yes, I like to do this too,with Erinmore
Flake at least 1 Week after opening a tin.
This stuff is very moist these days...

I do so also with other Virginia forward
Blends as well.

Michael

Ocelot55":n48y16lr said:
Sure it's not to increase the weight...tobacco is sold by weight, no?

I am smoking some Commonwealth that's been opened for over a month, maybe two months. It's getting close to 'too dry' but man it's some good stuff.

I always open a tin of Escudo well before I smoke it to let it Breath shall we say.
Somehow it lets all the chemical taste I get nowadays from it air out of it. ;)

Like others here, I find the 'baccy benefits from fresh air contact. The number of days of which are entirely at the evaluation of the smoker. IOW it's all up to you!

Me, the magic usually begins at about a week and goes from there. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends, doancha know!

Cheers,

RR

Mm, I've not really considered this before. I usually pop the lid, air dry a flake or pinch, load her up and smoke her. Perhaps I've been missing something?!? Well, you live and learn!