How long should a good smoke last?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually about 45 mins to 1 hr, but once in a while i enjoy loading up my Kilimanjaro to the brim and it lasts about 2 hrs +- 15 mins.
Kilimanjaro3.jpg

After a two hour session im pretty satisfied, on a nicotine buzz as i dont smoke more than 2-4 times a week, sometimes less.

I can't seem to get less than 1.5 hrs. outta any of my bowls. My Pete 80S...I had two morning smokes yesterday and today and each lasted 2.5 hrs. Yes, a wee bit of down time, but not much. And I really didn't cram them full. All in the cadence, I guess. And the cut.

For me to get a 30 min. smoke, I'd have to half fill my smallest bowl and concentrate on puffing. Gee..I'm kinda happy most of the time that I get so much outta so little.

Of course...cepting the times I want a quick fix and roll...

What was your blend for the 2.5 hour smokes? That seems to be quite a record.

UberHuberMan":7u3qrwxh said:
Kyle Weiss":7u3qrwxh said:
I am a S-L-O-W smoker. Lightly packed, even half bowls in my smaller-bored pipes will go almost an hour. Full bowls and even larger bores I'm almost two hours in. I usually smoke outside (in the morning sun in winter, evening in summer)... I guess somehow I really stretch it out. I don't take breaks, either...relights, occasionally but usually just "wisping and sipping" away.
Same here.

Ditto and +1

If I'm smoking in the mornings it usually lasts for about two hours, unless I load up my clay, which I only do if I have a busy morning, in which case I will only get about forty minutes to and hour out if it. For my evening I like to break out a little hennessy VSOP, or some Johnny Walker black, sit back with my bulldog and some nightcap, pull out a Louis l'amour western and lose myself for a good 2.5 to 3 hours.

Till ALL the tobacco in the bowl turns to ash!! How fast that is is up to you :p