How many pipes and tobacco do you take with you on errands?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
Just wondered how the everyone travels when heading out on a few quick errands? Not going to work or the like, you just plan to be gone for at least an hour but may get side tracked and be gone half the day. Do you take a pipe and pouch? Couple of pipes? Full kit with multiple pipes and 2 or 3 tobaccos? Do you ever go out and not take a pipe with you at all?

I cast my vote already, usually just one pipe, sometimes just the one I am smoking or freshly packed. Usually a pouch if I think I will be gone for more than an hour but lotsa times just the pipe.

I just keep 2 pipes and a few varieties of baccy in the car at all times for such errands.

-Andrew

One small Tupperware snap box. Inside box 1 pipe- 1 tobacco- 1 pack cleaners- 1 tamper- 1 box kitchen matches- 1 box small matches- 1 soft cloth- 1 M/T freezer bag for ashes and 1 empty match box for dead soldier matches.
Ed

There should be an entry for those of us who never take their pipes anywhere... :|

Usually one briar, in a sock and box and a tin or two of tobacco. Sometimes carry them around in a book bag. Always have a cob in the glove box just in case also. If needs be, I am not too scared to re-pack and have another bowl in the same pipe.

My errands generally don't take me very far. One pipe usually does the trick.
However, I always keep a couple of pipes, tobacco and a cigar or two in my
man purse for emergencies. Ya never know when ya might get stuck somewhere.

2 pipes and a pouch. One good golden rule is to never get stuck somewhere without yer baccy ;)