How much does the size of Dunhill's white dot vary?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_In_Philly

Reaction score
I just came across this listing on ebay. My attention was immediately drawn to the size of the white dot, I assumed it was a replacement stem, but the listing says otherwise. Have you guys every come across a white dot this large?

Pipedia.org has a good article on the dunhills. They have some pics of the white dot that might help you out. I don't know anything other than what I have read.

Could be that Chance had to replace the dot. At any rate, he is a good guy and has a nice rep. Not to mention his restorations are top notch. I'd be inclined to trust him.

If my memory serves me correctly they came in two different sizes.
I've had to replace two in the last 6 months. They didn't epoxy then in, just a wedge fit so
quite a few have fallen out. I do have both size rods but, I can't remember the sizes right now. They also made a Black dot series too.

I don't have any Dunhill pipes but I've bought numerous pipes form Chance over the years.....great guy whom I will trust with my life!

I can't say if the Dot is OEM, but the stem/button sure appears to be Dunhill. That's lovely!

800259905_o.jpg