How Not to Clean a Pipe...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpkrause

Reaction score
At least she supports my pipe habit, just not sure if this is a good idea...

HEY!!!! There's a GROWLEY in there!@#$@#%#$%. All warranties are null and void. LOL

Funny pic. :D 

:suspect: wait...were you being serious?

Everybody knows ya suppose to put them on the bottom rack.:suspect: 

Cartaphilus":g8m7hkfq said:
And ALWAYS use Cascade, it leaves 'em spotless :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":16erpoqy said:
Cartaphilus":16erpoqy said:
And ALWAYS use Cascade, it leaves 'em spotless  :twisted: :twisted: 
I use Everclear in the soap dispenser myself, that way they're retorted at the same time.:D 

Well if you bought them off of ebay and they were the ones as advertised as 'durable', they also said they could be cleaned in the dishwasher!

EEEEK!!. The horror of the thought is almost more than I can stand. If I saw my Comoy's or GBD's in the dishwasher I'd probably shed my skin and jump into a vat of pig sh*t crap.:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: 

AJ

Reminds me an old Dennis the Menace strip where he "helped" his dad out by scrubbing all his pipes with soap and water.

Tumble-dry low or medium heat? :scratch:

I heard that makes "resting" pipes a thing of the past. :cheers:

Kyle Weiss":70ek6y2z said:
Tumble-dry low or medium heat?   :scratch:

I heard that makes "resting" pipes a thing of the past.   :cheers:
I think I'm just gonna throw a couple in a pottery kiln, that way I don't have to face the "leave the pipe cleaner in or use then discard" dilemma.

I actually microwave about 3 cheap pipes to see if they could be "cured" and dried.

It did work -- at least to a degree.  

You do it very briefly but repeatedly.  And I mean like 5 seconds or so.  Briar heats rapidly.

Cons:  you may get warping of really junk briar.

Pro: As a last resort, it can make it a nice smoker.  One of those turned into a favored pipe.  

You ever put crumpled tinfoil in a microwave and see it sparking?  One piece of briar actually did that.  Must have had quite an iron content in the soil it came from.

OK, no pointing and laughing or reflections on inbreeding.  They were pipes that were headed for the circular container if it didn't work.  One was even a name Italian; the two others were no namers.  

And if you nuke them too long, you can get a really nasty smell filling the room.

Did that in the era where microwaves were the new thing -- many years ago.

I once knew a woman who thought she'd be helpful by boiling her husband's pipes. He was unappreciative.