How not to smoke a clay churchwarden!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Was quietly and gently smoking one of my clay CW's yesterday afternoon. Bowl filled with some 10-yr-old Union Square. Along comes a dang wasp the size of the Enterprise; I attempt to shoo it away. Unfortunately, I lost all "situational awareness," my right hand and arm flailing at the enemy...I smacked my pipe on the stem just where it meets the bowl!! Bowl, shards, small chunks of stem go flying thru the air hitting the patio cement...leaving multiple little pieces of what had been a wonderful clay pipe all over the floor!! Fortunately I have others; I still feel like an idiot!!! Not to mention the damn wasp is still out there waiting for me!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1313[1].JPG
    IMG_1313[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 105
Was quietly and gently smoking one of my clay CW's yesterday afternoon. Bowl filled with some 10-yr-old Union Square. Along comes a dang wasp the size of the Enterprise; I attempt to shoo it away. Unfortunately, I lost all "situational awareness," my right hand and arm flailing at the enemy...I smacked my pipe on the stem just where it meets the bowl!! Bowl, shards, small chunks of stem go flying thru the air hitting the patio cement...leaving multiple little pieces of what had been a wonderful clay pipe all over the floor!! Fortunately I have others; I still feel like an idiot!!! Not to mention the damn wasp is still out there waiting for me!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
That sucks. I've almost had to quit smoking Hobbits Weed in the morning as it seems to draw flies and I get tired of swatting at them.

Still can't believe I did all this!! Fortunately I have a duplicate plus two other long ones. I ordered three shorter ones from P&C; should be here early next week!! I gotta' drink more and relax!!!! LOL!!!! FTRPLT

I had to laugh as I read the post. I was trimming my hair this afternoon with my trusty Oster professional clipper when a big ass house fly flew right at me. Not thinking, I tried to knock him out, but instead hit myself in the head with the clipper and removed a chunk of hair. (The clipper was running.) Rather than face the fact that I had a wad of hair missing, I just cut everything pretty short.

I had to laugh as I read the post. I was trimming my hair this afternoon with my trusty Oster professional clipper when a big ass house fly flew right at me. Not thinking, I tried to knock him out, but instead hit myself in the head with the clipper and removed a chunk of hair. (The clipper was running.) Rather than face the fact that I had a wad of hair missing, I just cut everything pretty short.
Now that's funny right there.