How old were you when you started?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JM

Reaction score
I'm 34 and started about 6 months ago.

Cigarettes - about ten. :lol:
Cigars - twenty-five (quit the cigs)
Pipes - sadly, I didn't discover pipes 'til 55. :cry:

Started when I was 20. I'll be 29 for five more months (I'm anticipating a nervous breakdown when I hit 30 :pale: )

18 when I was a Freshman in college, have been at it for 50 years.

Rodney

Started smoking for the first time when I was 16. Tried the pipe back then too but just couldn't "Get it." Continued to smoke the odd flavored cigars on weekends and about 5 years ago really got into cigars and about a year ago gave the pipe another go and been in love with it ever since.

I started smoking pipes at 25 ( although had had the odd fifty before that, even those I didn't try until i was 23 ) and have been smoking just about two months.

Started swiping unfiltered Kools. . . shudder . . . from my mom when I was 8. My dad started me on cobs and Carter Hall when I was 12, back on June 1, 1959.

Well, I started smoking in general when I was 15 years old and I'm now 58 so 43 years now. I picked a pipe up about 10 -15 years ago but it's been off and on at best trying to kick those Camel non-filters aint easy my friend.

Cheap cigars (White Owls & Dutch Masters): 15
Pipes: 18, quit at 38 or so, and restarted this year

I've smoked cigars since I was a teenager (we used to swipe CyVs from the counter of the proshop at the municipal golf course). I first picked up the pipe my sophmore year of college but I didn't really get into the hobby until I was 29 when I bought my first Savinelli and my first tin of Blackwoods flake.

I'm 45 now started smoking when I was 10years old and started smoking a pipe 10 years ago.
Best Regards
Richard

Cigarettes at 13
Cigars at 17
Pipes at 20
I picked up cigars from an uncle of mine who was from Greece. He showed me the folly of my ways, that cigarettes are like Chinese food, no matter how much you have you are going to be hungry again in an hour. And then I smoked my first bowl and I found paradise.

Im 34 now...pipes have always interested me since I can remember but started smoking pipes off and on around 20.