How to justify buying a Corona Old Boy to the wife?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Casa

Reaction score
So, I have a strong urge to purchase an Old Boy. I have been wanting one for at least a couple years now and have finally decided to do it. The only thing holding me back is the woman of the house. She can't justify spending $100+ on a lighter. Of course, I am a man and I will do what I want but in the end I have to live with her. Any ideas on how to sway her my way?

Yeah, go buy her a spa package for the day, and go nuts buying stuff at the local B&M, or your favorite website. Distracted, pampered and paid-for, she'll be putty in your hands. :twisted:

8)

Kyle Weiss":6suxikhh said:
Yeah, go buy her a spa package for the day, and go nuts buying stuff at the local B&M, or your favorite website. Distracted, pampered and paid-for, she'll be putty in your hands. :twisted:

8)
...until she gets home. Don't forget, putty has a habit of hardening.

Buckshot":8gos53bz said:
Kyle Weiss":8gos53bz said:

8)
...until she gets home. Don't forget, putty has a habit of hardening.
Oh, of course, but what's done is done, she'll be mad, and you can go take a walk with your new tobacco. For some reason fallout before the deed is done is usually far more severe than after. :lol:

You're best bet might be: "it's the last lighter I'll ever need to buy so actually it's more economical" :p

"just think of the possibilities! If I didn't have to waste so much cash on matches and lighters that only last a few weeks, we could see more movies... Go out to dinner more... etc."

Be open and let her know that it's a lifetime purchase. Let her know in how many years a "comparable" $40 lighter will last versus a $100 lifetime lighter. Use charts. This may backfire if she prefers your hobby to be a passing one.

Special occasions such as birthdays justify the lighter. Ask for it and only it for your birthday. Also, nothing speaks to a man's heart like a lighter for Valentine's Day/Arbor Day/Children's Day. Do it for the children.

Ask the B&M to mark it up to $150 and then give you a $50 discount. Tell your wife you got a great deal but had to act on it now.

Buy it. When she asks "wuzzat?" light a few candles and put on some mood music. Tell her it's a romance enhancer.

Buy it. When she gets upset remind her how much that hairdresser she uses costs.

You still haven't justified it to yourself and trying to justify it to her says it all. :p Been there, done that as they say. Don't get it till you work it out inside yourself, then it won't matter what she says. :p

Thanks a million Gentlemen. All splendid ideas. I may try a few or a combination of all.

Well, the deed is done. I'll just get her something nice of equal or lesser value. heh heh

Kyle Weiss":vgnvei6z said:
For some reason fallout before the deed is done is usually far more severe than after. :lol:
How's that old saw go? "It's easier to get forgiveness that permission."
Good luck, bro. :D

George Kaplan":ktcpv88x said:
How's that old saw go? "It's easier to get forgiveness that permission."
Pretty much that. 8) Been surfin' that wave for a while now, myself.

Your a man. Act like one.

When she gets done washing the dishes from your supper tell her to slip into that slinky number and you'll attend to it after your pipe.

I quit smoking, the only reason I still hang around here is to make sure you boys remember you have nuts.