How to light my pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Oubaas let see if your plan works!!!!!
Release the KR....... uhhhh no, thats Bruins!!

OLD BOY lighter!!!!

I'll be damned if I'm gonna traipse around the country lighting your pipes for you guys! :x
The wife did once say though I was her perfect MATCH!
But then that was back in 1969. I don't dare ask what she thinks now. :oops:

Falconer":aq936o81 said:
OLD BOY lighter!!!!

I'll be damned if I'm gonna traipse around the country lighting your pipes for you guys! :x
The wife did once say though I was her perfect MATCH!
But then that was back in 1969. I don't dare ask what she thinks now. :oops:
uhhhhhhh??????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I'll chime in late here with a vote for the good old match. I always carry a standard Zippo with me, like money and a pocket knife, I never leave home without it. But my choice to light my pipe is a match, lets me hold the flame against the side of the bowl where sometimes I get a stubborn bit of flake that didn't want to take fire, without fear of charring the wood.

Some fluids for the Zippo lighters have more oily taste. Always a good habit to light it and let it burn that off for a couple seconds.

Any Zippo can be a pipe lighter. Send it in to them and ask for the insert. They will refurb your old lighter and send a brand new insert back with it. No charge.

I have not held one of those butane inserts for the Zippo. But some of the fellows around here have used them. I think the fuel is on every time you open the lid. If you have one of those habits of flicking open your lid while standing around with it in your hand. Then you will use up a lot of fuel.

Carlos":3xlwkupr said:
Some fluids for the Zippo lighters have more oily taste. Always a good habit to light it and let it burn that off for a couple seconds.

Any Zippo can be a pipe lighter. Send it in to them and ask for the insert. They will refurb your old lighter and send a brand new insert back with it. No charge.

I have not held one of those butane inserts for the Zippo. But some of the fellows around here have used them. I think the fuel is on every time you open the lid. If you have one of those habits of flicking open your lid while standing around with it in your hand. Then you will use up a lot of fuel.
Thanks for the idea, Carlos!! I've got an old Zippo that the hinge broke on this morning. :x :x :x I know that when I've sent a lighter to them in the past, they've always replaced the insert. I'll just ask for a pipe insert to be put in this one!! ;)

I think you are right about the opening of the lid turning on the fuel. But, I never developed the "flicking" habit. So, that's not a problem. I just don't care for having to refill butane lighters! As I was filling my first one (years ago... a small, thin Calibri cigarette lighter), something happened (still don't know what) and the top blew part way off the can. Fortunately, the can was less than 1/4 full... and, it didn't explode! But, it scared the bejeebers out of me. And, I haven't cared too much for the thoughts of refilling a butane lighter since!! :no: Besides, I've got plenty of Ronson and Zippo lighter fluid around!! ;)

Thanks again for the suggestion!!!

Robert