How to remove a ghost?!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasemunki85

Reaction score
So, I have this awesome Savinelli Bruno with a cumberland stem, that I love the look and the draw, its a great smoker, the problem is tho' the previous owner smoked something with some crazy soapy lakeland essence, and honestly, I cant stand it. No offence to no one who likes Samuel Gawith blends, but when Im smoking a full english blend, I dont want to taste soap or grannys deoderant...
So the question is.. does anyone know any sure fire ways to get rid of a lakeland ghost??
It does come and go, and its not with every draw, but its still bad enough to ruin things for me, for the time being.
Any help would be appreciated.

The shop that I buy from, did do a treatment (im thinking everclear and salt), and he cleans em up before he resales them.
I was going to give it a salt and alcohol treatment in the morning most likely. How long should I let it sit? I figured 24 hours would be sufficient, but if you guys suggest longer, then thats what I'll do.

1. Ream back any cake, use bristled pipe cleaners to thoroughly re-clean the shank/stem.
2. Salt/Alcohol treatment, even if it's been done by the shop.
3. Smoke about two dozen bowls of Carter Hall through it.

It hasn't failed me yet.

I tried to post that earlier... minus the salt treatment....

ream it, smoke burley.. even the crap burley like Carter hall works.

idbowman":36p62woy said:
1. Ream back any cake, use bristled pipe cleaners to thoroughly re-clean the shank/stem.
2. Salt/Alcohol treatment, even if it's been done by the shop.
3. Smoke about two dozen bowls of Carter Hall through it.

It hasn't failed me yet.
This for sure and try one of those stem brushes to help scrub the stem out good. Sad that folks smoke that crap from those Brits then try and pass off a ruined pipe to another bro :twisted:

At first I was gonna say "Ghostbusters"..... :p

I agree with PB. Smoke a crap-ton of PA / CH out of it.
You could also go the easy route and send it to Walker Briarworks and have them do an "Ozone Treatment" to the pipe for $5 plus S&H. Kills ANY ghost and also super sanitiizes the pipe. Ghosts and bacteria don't stand a chance after they get done with it.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/ozone.html

Ive set it up with salt and 151.
Ive got some GatlinBurlier Newfound Blend, thats a pretty tasty nutty burley.
Im gonna clean it up and smoke a dozen or so bowls of that through it and see what it does.
Thanks guys for the help! its much appreciated.
btw.. Ive noticed that my spelling has gone to hell, since getting an Iphone, just an observation.

You could also try to create your ion (ozone) treatment box using this little number (Amazon - GT50 Professional-Grade Plug-In Adjustable Ionic Air Purifier). I've got one of these stationed in the laundry room, but have a small box near it to balance a pipe up against the outgoing port.

61ugzp10.jpg

Some believe exorcisms are effective at removing ghosts. Depends on if you believe in that stuff...

:lol:

I highly recommend Dr Dave at walkerbriarworks and his ozone treatment.

Had an estate poker that had a strong Lakeland ghost. Sent it to Dave and he had it in the chamber for a week. He also reamed it and cleaned up the stem. (Minor extra expense).

One or three smokes after it was returned and the ghost is all but gone.

Many more bowls and you'd never know.

This was very inexpensive, but you'll have to live without the pipe for a little while.

HTH

Cheers,

RR