Howdy all, and a clarification

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
All,

Just to clear the air, I am not sick, or having any health issues. I know that my sale post has had a few people worried. The fact of the matter is that in order to do thing things I want to do, I had to quit smoking a pipe.

1) I have taken a leadership position in my church. I feel that, personally, I cannot be an effective leader when I am addicted to nicotine. I don't feel that partaking of a pipe is an issue, just the physical addiction to the nicotine that I had.

2) I am also a volunteer firefighter, and am working on my certifications. In order to do so, I need to be able to perform at a physical level that my smoking would not allow. I would be winded very quickly.

So, due to both of these circumstances, I had to make the choice to quit. Thus, my comment on that I cannot smoke any more.

I apologize if my verbiage worried anyone.

Other than that, all is going well. I am loving being a farmer. My herd of goats has grown considerably (more than doubled) and I built a new barn. I am staying very busy, especially with the fire department. It seems that everyone that lives around me has decided to wait for the driest part of the year before burning their trash. We have had many 5 - 10 acre fires that we have had to fight before they spread. I am loving life!

Blessings and Peace to you all!
JP

Thanks for the clarification JP. Many of us, myself included, were concerned that you had some health issue going on. Relieved to hear that's not the case.

I understand your reasoning in light of the information, and while that's a pity on the one hand, it makes perfect sense on the other given your commitments.

I hope you won't vacate yourself completely from our little world here at BoB after you dispose of everything you're selling. You could still participate in many non-baccy/pipe discussions, or even weigh in on your experiences with your retired hobby. Just my 2c.

Cheers,

RR

Nice to see you brother. Absolutely understand your move away from the pipes and have a great deal of respect for your choice. So hosts eh. Love those little critters. They really get under your skin. Arevtgey dairy goats or the hair variety? Had over 20 dairy goats at once years ago. Great fun it was too. I didn't even mind going out and milking them at 4 in the morning when it was under 30*. Enjoy your newfound hobies JP and stay well.

Jim

PS if you decide to let go of any of Kirks pipes let me know as I need 1 more to complete a 7 day set.

Thank you for your replies. I plan on hanging around for sure.

I have a mix of dairy and meat goats. We currently have 14 goats, 3 chickens, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a pot-bellied pig. LOL. We had 3 horses, but had to sell due to the lack of rain. Our pasture didn't grow any grass for the last 3 months. Didn't have enough hay for winter. Sad choice, but necessary. At least I know they went to a good home.

JP