Howdy Folks, Fellow Pipers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joemelon

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

My name is Joseph, I've been a piper since November of 2009. First pipe was a corncob and first pipe tobacco was a rum cased house blend. Almost three years later I'm here nearing three dozen pipes and a daily piper. I picked up cigars about six months before touching a pipe, and nowadays I'm piping about ten times more than smoking cigars (though I completely enjoy both). To me, I smoke cigars but I'm a pipe smoker. I don't know if that makes sense but I feel that pipes are more intertwined with my identity that cigars, despite the enjoyment of each.

Staple tobacco is McClelland 5100, but I smoke English, balkans, burleys, the occasional aromatic and really the whole gamut of pipe tobaccos. Willing and open to try other blends, always in search of something just slightly better but McClelland 5100 is my favorite so far. Yeah, it's not complex, yeah it's nothing special but it's something I can just light up and relax to. It's not a demanding blend but it rewards me with that tobacco taste, slight sweetness and steadfastness bowl after bowl.

So hello to you all, I've gained good information from threads here in the past and I look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

Joseph

Welcome,
I'm only new here, but from all appearances it's a knowledgeable and friendly site, I hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome to BoB and do enjoy your time here. When you get a chance toss up some pics of your pipe and toby collection, I am sure all the brothers would love to see them.

Thanks for the warm reception, fellows. I'll certainly upload some pictures of my collection in the near future.

Thanks for all the fresh welcomes.

Quite a Grabow collection you have, Ejames.

Howdy from the DFW Metroplex !! I'm a big fan of McC's Va;s and glad to see another !! :p

monbla256":55re9yea said:
Howdy from the DFW Metroplex !! I'm a big fan of McC's Va;s and glad to see another !! :p
Howdy to you too from Aggieland! My love for Virginia tobaccos is strong, got four new blends to try on the way (two of which are McClelland tins; Royal Cajun and Drama Reserve). What's your favorite McClelland Va(s)?

Welcome aboard.

The only McC Va I have tried is 5100, but I really enjoyed it. Velvety and smooth , great all day smoke.

joemelon":ppb05ct8 said:
monbla256":ppb05ct8 said:
Howdy to you too from Aggieland! My love for Virginia tobaccos is strong, got four new blends to try on the way (two of which are McClelland tins; Royal Cajun and Drama Reserve). What's your favorite McClelland Va(s)?
I smoke 4 McC blends in my regular daily rotation, FM #2000 , BlackwoodsFlake, Virginia Woods, and Aurora. I'm also a fan of Erinmore Flake, Dunhill Flake and Reiner's Long Golden Flake. These are just what I have on hand right now, but I'll ALWAYS give a VA a try :p

Thanks for the welcome, I.keenum. McC 5100 is usually my all day smoke. Glad to see other folks really like it and smoke it alone, for a while when I first started into this hobby I figured most people used it solely as a base for making blends at home.

Monbla256, I'm going to try McC's Aurora sooner or later. I keep hearing good things about it! Dunhill flake is one of my favorites too, the only thing I like more than just smoking a straight red Va is smoking a Va blend with yellow Virginia in it. Hope the recent earthquake in the DFW area didn't hit close to home.