Howdy folks

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loosewatches

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I've been snooping around here for a while and figured I'd finally join. This looks like a pretty nice place. I notice there are many posting options (most of which are lost on me) and Emoticons. This guy is especially nice: :afro: How come none of those guys is smoking a pipe?

I see several familiar (if only electronically) faces. Some of you might know me as Chris Brunton, whom I play in real life, without much success. Here's some highlights:

1. I smoke mostly all the time. Mostly I only don't when I'm asleep.
2. I smoke mostly flakes, simply because the blends I like happen to come that way. (There's no Kendal Flake RR or FVF loose cut.)
3. I'll smoke just about anything once. (tobacco, that is.)
4. I smoke mostly my own pipes. (I make pipes, did I mention that?)
5. I'm quite fond of parentheses. (Mostly because I like to interrupt myself when I write with interesting, witty, and oservant snide remarks.)
6. I don't usually post often because it takes too long. I am in a constant state of amazement as I write. This is because most of what I say is so absolutely fascinating and at the same time, so completely stupid. Thus, I try to stick to making or smoking pipes.
7. No, I'm not drunk.

thanks and hello,
-loose

what up chris!?

chris is a very talented up and coming pipe maker from northern california, i have a few of his pipes and have been really impressed with his stem work and engineering on the few i have. you guys should definitely check out some of chris's stuff.

Thanks Guys.

Centurian 803":qtisdlh3 said:
Welcome aboard Loose. Try not to be so shy in your posts. :pipe:
I was accused of being shy once when I was a kid. Once was all it took. But, there's a fine line between outgoing and annoying, I've found. I know this because I spend a lot of time with myself, alone in the shop, and I can be quite annoying.

:geek:

Hey Nicky, (aka frankluke)
Thanks. I'm glad you're satisfied.

I'm working on getting a web site going. But I'll stick some photos in the gallery.

It occurred to me now that I didn't much introduce myself in my introduction.
I'm a California boy, but I spent the last 6 years in Austria, raising a family. I started making pipes in 2006. I've seen people elsewhere say the I "studied under Peter Matzhold" I wouldn't put it that way at all. I spent a day with him in his shop and bought some material from him to make my first pipe, and I visited him again about a year later. He's a great guy, and while I'm indebted to him for his kindly help, I would definitely Not refer to myself as his "understudy". I don't know where people get these extrapolations.

Anyway, glad to be here, and I'll try to post more often than not, if only to share my vast wit.

-loose

p.s. frankluke- you look much prettier on your facebook site.

edit: gallery created

Welcome Aboard!! I know you'll like it here and I think we will better for your participation. Diversity of personalities makes this site even better. Don't be afraid to jump right in.