Howdy , from Montana.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Howdy All,
I just signed up.
I had an old tymer , gold dredging buddy , years ago, that used to smoke a pipe.
And , I always thought he was "Content" with the day. He was never in a hurry, and never got wound up. I have always wanted that for myself, and I think I have found it. I dont rightly know if I have mastered it , but life is good these days.

A few years ago, I bought a cheapy little black pipe, and I smoked it hard and fast, not knowing what I was doing.
Last week , while on a family / sunday drive, I stopped in a tobacco shop out of town. I saw a dandy wood pipe, that I just had to have, and it was only $20.00.
So , I got on line, and researched how to break it in, and thats where the world of pipe smoking was opened to me.
And with a good amount of Irish in me , I became obsessed with Peterson pipes.
I just "Have" to have one.
And I will !

Probably by Christmas. As I realize I have alot to learn, and I surely dont want to ruin a fine Irish pipe, due to a lack of knowledge.

I guess thats why I am here... to learn from you all.
This looks to be a great forum, from what Ive seen in my surfing.

Take Life easy, and enjoy !

Dusty

Well Dusty, you have come to the right place. We are all very glad you could join us. Enjoy the voyage!

Thanks for the welcome :D

Hey "Simple man" I see you have a "Viking Classic". Is that a "Lane" brand.?

I was looking at those earlier today, and theres a couple that caught my eye.
BUT, :roll: I just have to have a Peterson, as my first "Favorite"

Thanks again,

Dusty

Welcome my friend...we all learn from each other around here so feel free to jump on in. Look forward to chatting with ya.

Welcome, Dusty! I hope you enjoy your time reading & posting here

"T"

Howdy Dusty... welcome. BoB's a great place!

Viking (Classic) are neat pipes, they smoke super and hold up to the rigors of learning (as a friend of mine is finding out!)

They may not wow people at a pipe show, but they'll work hard for ya if you keep 'em tidy. :) I've never owned one, but I wouldn't pass one up if the shape/price suited my curiosity. I'm attracted to bizarre shapes, though, and "utilitarian beauty" is how I'd best describe the Viking Classic line.

Welcome Dusty, I love Montana, been to Bozeman and the Gallatin National Forest area a couple of times

Welcome Dusty. You may want to get you some cobs, Mar's is hard to beat for those. Great pipes.

Peterson's Donegal series a very good pipes.

Howdy guys,
yep, I plan on getting a couple of cob pipes, as ive spent some time today reading quite a bit about them. And MM cobs seem to be what I want to get.

Hey Toe Cutter, Im pretty darn close to Bozeman myself.
And it sure is some nice country out here...

Hey roundup! I'm new here as well. I don't know how often you get down to Pocatello, but there's a pretty decent looking pipe shop there. It's called Outwest Tobacco. I've ordered some tins through them, but if you are passing through it might be a good place to get some advice and maybe sample a few blends.

Thanks Ten Fiver,
Good tip to know.
I did find theyre website last week , and I have it in my favorites list now.
But I havent thoroughly checked it out.

Settlin in for winter, so I wont be traveling that way for a long while.