Howdy!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon Puffer

Reaction score
Hey, gang! How's it going? As my username suggests I'm a big fan of Falcon pipes. I do have a few briars besides that but I don't really smoke them on a regular basis; just occasionnally. I've been smoking pipes for quite a while now and have a preference for tobaccos such as University Flake, Erinmore Flake, Ennerdale Flake and a few Dunhills (Ye Olde Signe and BB 1938).
Looking forward to learn from you guys.
Cheers!

Welcome to the 'hood, Mr. Falcon Puffer. I like 'em too, after cobs and Dunhill Shells. Any idea where to get large bowls for them? Here's one of mine that I like a lot--design concept by BlackHorse, one of the illustrious brethren here.

Thanks!
@Rich: can't help you there...if by big you mean Hyperbole and the like. I buy medium sized bowls like Dovers or Dublins. But I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

Welcome To the board, Falcon Puffer. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I have an old Falcon style Dr. Grabow Viking. It has some nice grain on the bowl. That's about all I know about them.

Welcome FP.

If I recall correctly we had a POTY (pipe of the year) that was based on a falcon. Perhaps one of the team would furnish us with a link or pic...

Pip pip.

Welcome.  Just joined, myself.

Nice bunch of smart guys/gals here.  I'm sure you'll learn a lot about your Falconry inclinations.

Frank
NYC

Welcome, Puffer. I have and enjoy a few falcons as well. I hope you enjoy you time here

"T"

PS -- RB, look for a bowl called a 'snifter' (as in brandy snifter), it's not huge but it's 25-33% larger than the other falcon bowls I have