HU Director's Cut and Hans Weidemann blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
I don't see this blend talked about much, possibly because it's a tobacco that has to be ordered from overseas. But my God, it's one of the most delicious tobaccos I've smoked. It's a VaPerBur, and I've been on a huge VaPer kick lately, but I'm finding that the burley added in this blend gives it a nice body and some nice flavor. This has quickly become one of (if not my ultimate) favorite blends and I will stock up.

It also makes me curious about his other blends. Any other fans out there?

Huge fan over here, as you know, though I’ve only had Director’s Cut, Dockworker Flake, and a few others. Recently ordered more of both as well as his legendary Fayum Kake, tho I’m sad I never got to try it back when it was blended with Syrian. Also picked up tins of Flanagan Flake and a coupe others I’m blanking on...

I do have a question of my own for HU afficiconados, though: are the big paint can style tins actually airtight? Have been aging them in the tin but wondering if I should switch them to jars...

Big fan here of directors, dockworker and Fayum. Reminds me that I need to order some more!

Count me as very intrigued but the few times I have had the resources necessary to justifying making a purchase worth while, paying for shipping and all, I have chickened out and opted to go with larger quantities of known domestics. I do keep an eye open for local trade opportunities and private sales and such in hopes of trying before flying. The mostly positive reviews of nearly all Hans's blends do count for something though, that and the fact that they are manufactured by K&K who's VA's I like quite a bit, thinking the Rattray's and Solani blends mostly.

I've tried a few of these through samples and am suitably impressed. And that was a few years ago.

So forgive my ignorance here, but did the manufacturer change as a result of Han's departure from the retail trade? And how is the consistency if it did?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

I've only recently discovered this blend, so I don't know how it changed, if it did, through the years. The site I ordered it from charged about $20-25 shipping, but he refunds the VAT after you place the order, and if you order several tins it's not too bad, and I think it's worth it for the Director's Cut. Also, he had Solani ABF in so I picked up a few tins of that! I'm going through this DC fast, so I think I might order a few tins of it and maybe some other HU blends like Dockworker.

I'm not sure about the paint can style tins, they seem pretty sealed to me but I opened this one right away and jarred it so I'd like to make sure before I buy a few to keep on hand.

Brewdude":jhmgqiyx said:
So forgive my ignorance here, but did the manufacturer change as a result of Han's departure from the retail trade? And how is the consistency if it did?

Cheers,

RR
I exchanged quick emails with Hans prior to placing my order from Pfeifendepot and it sounds like the change in EU laws led to a change in distribution but not manufacture. Happy day!

Yo wan

There are quite a few HUs in my Top300 Cellar, not DC as much as Flanagan, Sunset and Fayyam. I'm working my way through the catalogue. Every once in a while, my fellow members at Morley's and Lehigh Valley PC combine forces to optimize a shipment (to defray the shipping costs) with an HU order. We do the same with the Danish Pipe Shop.

As for the paint cans, my experience with those from Peretti, Heinrich, MOB (Olsen) and HU has been good.

hp
les

GrampaGrossbart":qnfqhqrx said:
Brewdude":qnfqhqrx said:

Cheers,

RR
I exchanged quick emails with Hans prior to placing my order from Pfeifendepot and it sounds like the change in EU laws led to a change in distribution but not manufacture. Happy day!
Very reassuring to know. Thanks for the intel Jesse!

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR