Huge life change

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
So, I lost my job today. After 5 years, and a major change in management, the management found a way to get me out of the company. I knew it was coming, so I wasn't surprised. Needless to say, I will be spending a lot more time job hunting and will be curbing future pad and tad for a while. I will probably be spending a bit more time on here as well. There are positives to this, such as more time with the family, and I don't have to drive 2 hrs each way to work. I know it will all work out for the better. Any prayers, or good vibes are much appreciated.

That really sucks JP! Even when you know it's coming it still stings. Hopefully something comes through for you quickly my friend. Prayers and good vibes headed your way for sure!

Jim

Prayers for you JP. You'll land on your feet with a better gig I'll wager.

Hang in there Brother!

Sorry to hear that JP, but keep on keepin' on! Best of luck with the hunt, we'll all be rootin' for you! :cheers:

Very sorry to hear this JP. Even if you knew it was coming it's still a shock and a life changing event.

Better things will be coming in due course. Stay positive in spite of adversity and you'll be better off than you were before. You have the drive and talent.

Cheers,

RR

Sorry to hear this JP, my thoughts and prayers are with you brother. I'm sure something good will come from this.

I've got a feeling this is for the best and am sure you'll come out on top of the situation.
Ya just can't keep a good man down! ;)

JP, that's rubbish news. I know it's been on the cards for a while but it's still not good to hear. You're a resourceful chap though with a great outlook (you're already looking at the positives) so I'm sure things will work out fine for you. Thinking of you and your family matey...

Yup, I've lost my job several times through the years due to management reorganization, the last one I was at for 30 years,,,but you know what?,,,I ALWAYS wound up with a better job. I'm sure you'll have the same experience. Hope you can find something close to home and enjoy your family.

It sucks, but part of the cycle of working for someone else. The employment situation is hugely improved over 5 yrs ago though, so hopefully you will be indentured again very soon. :bball:

Thank you for the encouragement, brothers. I am actually excited as I can now get all the things done that I have been needing to do that I haven't had time for. I got a good nights rest and will have an enjoyable weekend. I am not letting this get me down, but instead will be able to focus on the important things like family and projects. I still need to find work quickly, as I have bills to pay, but I have no debt other than my home, so I am not as bad off as I can be. God is faithful and will provide for my needs.

Good luck in your hunt JP.

You're not alone. My wife is in the same boat. Hunting for a job after 16 years of working her rear end off for an employer with endless expectations, splits, mergers and multiple work force reductions. We're suprised she made it as long as she did. But that's tech for yeah.

Anyway, I am sure you'll land on you're feet.

JP, it sounds like you already have things in the right perspective, and realize you will be much better off once the winds die down.

Hang in there brother!

We are all pulling for you, JP. Remember...when one door closes and couple more open. I have a feeling you will come out ahead on this one.

I'm sorry to hear this JP. Hope something pops up quickly. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Best. - Tom