Hullo there gents!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
A knitterly friend asked me about piping and I told her to check all of you gents out. Of course this got me to thinking that I hadn't been on in a while and it's funny because I was missing all of you a few days ago too. So I thought I would peek in and say, 'Hullo'.

Lordy I've been busy! Just celebrated my 37th. Lost ten pounds since March and still losing. Started running again and kicking my own ass with kettlebells. I must be a masochist because I really love it. I've been playing the mandolin and taking lesson since January. And yesterday I celebrated one year on the job where my boss crowned me 'Queen for the Day'. I will tell you what, gents. It's a rare thing to work in an environment where you are genuinely appreciated. I love my job and I look forward to my future with the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology department at Penn State. I've signed up for a very intensive study course through them that preps you for Research Administration. I'm very excited as I seem to have accidentally fallen into a career.

The kids and the garden are all growing like crazy. Andy and I are well. I lay down the law to my alcoholic/lying father finally. I sent him a rather lengthy letter telling him that I love him very much, but for my sake and the sake of my children I could no longer try to maintain a relationship with him on his current course. He seems to be dealing with that okay. The oldest is dating a very sweet young man and they are coming down to visit in the beginning of August. I just took the two youngest camping last weekend. We all survived, no one was eaten by bears. It was a lot of fun.

Life is good. I'm going to go pack a bowl and reflect on how good. I recall that when I found all of you my life was literally crumbling down around my ears. Just look how far I have come.

What a great update there 'babe. Looks like things have swung in your favor after your previous trials and tribulations. Kudos to you for staying the course. Keep on keepin' on!

Very good to read you again. Don't be a stranger. We don't bite!

:tongue:

btw, luv your new avatar!

Cheers,

RR

Sounds like everything's coming up roses........ Life is a wonderous journey, and you sound like you have it well in hand! Kudos all around....