Humidifyer coins for cheap?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenleaf

Reaction score
I carry a humidifyer coin in my pouch, and am needing to replace it about every ten days. They of course carry them at my favorite smokeshop, but I'm tired of going out there on that pain in the ass bus ride over some piddily-ass accessories. Too much hassle over a few damn coins.

Anyways, my question is where is a good online shop for low-cost accessories? I'd like to just buy multiple coins at once, but not at the outrageous prices I keep seeing everywhere.

Hey, that's another problem altogether, the soaring price of accessories. Remember when little items like that were fifty cents or a dollar? Yeah, that was about five minutes ago. Really, it doesn't take a longtime smoking old codger (no offense) to see trends like this. But, I'll stop now and thanks for any responses, gentlemen.

When I used to carry a pouch around I ended up just moistening a small folded paper napkin. It´s cheaper.

Also when you put the old coin in with a new tobacco it retains the smell of the old one and colors the flavor.

I think you can order those humidifiers from any online site fairly resonably.

The coins that I have were cheap. Maybe a buck or less for each and they are reuseable. I just keep them moistened by a splash under the faucet and pop them back into my pouch or tobacco jar. No need to keep purchasing new ones. I'm sure any online tobacco supplier carries them. I may have purchased mine from Boswell's when I last ordered Northwoods.

Thanks, y'all, and I didn't know they were actually reusable. There seems to be no information on these things available from manufacturers or distributors. So, I have to screw up and ask dumb questions, which is just the nature of pipe smoking to begin with.

Wet napkin does sound interesting, as the coins don't seem to always work that well a backup or alternative would be nice.

I have done the following with good results: Some cigars come in boxes with square sticks of Spanish Cedar as a filler for the "26"th slot in a box of 25 cigars. I have quite a few of these, and have cut a few into smaller pieces. Soak one in DISTILLED WATER for a few minutes, wipe it off, and pop it in the pouch. Can be used again and again; imparts no flavor. If it is good enough for cigars, should be good enough for pipe tobacco....My "two cents" worth...

From one old New Yorker to another: Your two cents is worth a buck fifty. Thanks for the idea. I'll try it. Mine comes from a box of Partagas Black Label Magnificos. How about yours?

LIPIPE...About 15 years ago I was addicted to Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic cigars; must have burned through 10 boxes...Nero

It's about time you and I got together for a stick or a bowl. Fifteen years is a long dry time. I was in the city on Sunday. Be careful for potholes. You, your chariot and your pipe could be badly damaged.