Hyde Park

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CipsterX

Reaction score
You know I really enjoyed Hyde Park when I had it in the past and though I could not put my finger on why I did I really liked the taste. I should order some more. Thoughts?

CipsterX":kk6oequp said:
I remember now it reminded me of Royal Yacht
WHAT? Royal Yacht ? RY is ALL va's and HP is a BURLEY based blend with some Va in it and it's got a definite flavoring added !! Oh well, Onward thru the Fog  :twisted: :twisted: 

I've never tried Hyde Park, but I've a growing appreciation for Royal Yacht.
Speaking of which, there's an unwritten rule here that whenever you mention RY, Monbla's obliged to pop in and comment on it.  :p 
If you say "Royal Yacht" out loud three times while looking in a mirror at night, Monbla will appear behind you. I tried it once, but must have caught him at a bad time. He was in a bathrobe with his hand in a bag of Oreo cookies. He just looked around confused and asked to use the bathroom. I found him in there the next morning, asleep on the toilet with an unlit Dunhill hanging from his mouth.

The casing they use I feel is very similar and having smoked them both they just remind me of themselves aside from the blends.

George Kaplan":nzshj1jd said:
I've never tried Hyde Park, but I've a growing appreciation for Royal Yacht.
Speaking of which, there's an unwritten rule here that whenever you mention RY, Monbla's obliged to pop in and comment on it.  :p 
If you say "Royal Yacht" out loud three times while looking in a mirror at night, Monbla will appear behind you. I tried it once, but must have caught him at a bad time. He was in a bathrobe with his hand in a bag of Oreo cookies. He just looked around confused and asked to use the bathroom. I found him in there the next morning, asleep on the toilet with an unlit Dunhill hanging from his mouth.
Duhill Reds. If ya gonna smoke a cig, smoke the BEST  :twisted: :twisted: 

I have smoked a little Hyde Park. I enjoyed it. The tobacco in my tin was stuffed into a plastic bag and there was no wibbled paper doily. Can you say Gawith Hoggarth?

I enjoy it because it has a "Gentle" lakeland flavoring in addition to the maple/rum and you can still taste the tobacco. However i am really enjoying Peterson UF right now, in a corn cob. I always start a new blend in a cob then move on to a briar with it.