I appreciate perique more after watching this

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, especially the footage of the fermentation process. I have a new found respect for the amount of labor involved with producing it.

Hermit":g0inepkf said:
Great video! One of these days I oughtta drive over there and have a look around.
I went looking for the perique video posted back in 2009 but it's lost,,,I DID however run across this tidbit.

Here's your post from April of 2009 Hermit.

Hermit
Number of posts: 3306
Tobacco: Exhausted Rooster
Pipe: Rad Davis Golden Blast Apple
Registration date: 2008-04-22

Subject: Re: Perique Video Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:18 am

I keep sayin' I'm going over there to have
have a look around. I live 18 miles from Paulina.
Mebbie some day.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Just watched the vid today.

Very interestig and informative. Especially enjoyed seeing the juices fermenting up through the screw press.

Years ago in a Pipes and Tobacco magazine, they ran an article on St. James Parish Perique. They made it sound like it was about to die out, being run by just one remaining family. And they were elderly and apparently none of the offspring wanted to carry on the tradition.

Sure glad to see this hasn't happened. I love me some perique!

:geek:

Cheers,

RR

I don't know how much truth was in the last article that I read but it stated that if it had not been for the Natural American Spirit company purchasing most of the available perique for inclusion in their "Perique Blend" (pretty good in a bowl or rollie) perique may have been kaput.

I like a C&D mixture called Exclusive. Perique heavy.