I feel liberated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar2you

Reaction score
I finally have a space in the house to smoke in comfort. My wife surprised me with the news that I could turn our spare bedroom into a smoking lounge. I am christening now with a bowl of Virginia woods in a brand new Peterson. Pictures to come in the photo gallery.

Cigar2you":0684lynx said:
I finally have a space in the house to smoke in comfort. My wife surprised me with the news that I could turn our spare bedroom into a smoking lounge. I am christening now with a bowl of Virginia woods in a brand new Peterson. Pictures to come in the photo gallery.
Congratulations! That's great news. I will smoke outside and enjoy myself but there is nothing better than being comfortable in ones home with the aroma of a fine tobacco smoldering in a fine pipe. Smoking indoors is a luxury I must have

puros_bran":34b25mrx said:
Lol. Glad she ALLOWED you to smoke in your house. Lol.
Well I didn't start smoking till we were already married 6 years. So the concession was a real surprise

I'm mostly just raggin you, you'll find that the majority of guys on here ask there wife's permission.

Cigar2you":vcqpe6u2 said:
Sounds like you two have it worked out. Congrats! Now, do one thing for her for when she comes into the room AFTER you've been smoking, which she will. Get a "smokers" candle , a large one, and light it for about 30 min. after you smoke. It will help with the aroma for her when she comes in later. I used to light one in the living room when I was married and smoked around my last wife and it WORKED ! And I smoked the old 965 from the '70s :p She will LOVE you for thinking of her :p As they say, " you get more flies with honey " !

monbla256":9uysguaz said:
Cigar2you":9uysguaz said:
Sounds like you two have it worked out. Congrats! Now, do one thing for her for when she comes into the room AFTER you've been smoking, which she will. Get a "smokers" candle , a large one, and light it for about 30 min. after you smoke. It will help with the aroma for her when she comes in later. I used to light one in the living room when I was married and smoked around my last wife and it WORKED ! And I smoked the old 965 from the '70s :p She will LOVE you for thinking of her :p As they say, " you get more flies with honey " !
I bought a rabbit air air clearer with a heavy duty charcoal filter and with it running on medium she can sit in here while I smoke most blends but the candles bother her sinuses

Cigar2you":aoi2w2dn said:
Sounds like quite a gal. Congratulations. But watch your back; she's going to want a new sun room or some damn thing. ;)

...now for the re-decorating! 8) Beer and wimmin pictures, bookshelves, a closet for tobacco cellaring, racks and racks of pipes, a "no girls allowed" sign... some bold leather chairs, standing ashtray...

Kyle Weiss":96juysvi said:
...now for the re-decorating! 8) Beer and wimmin pictures, bookshelves, a closet for tobacco cellaring, racks and racks of pipes, a "no girls allowed" sign... some bold leather chairs, standing ashtray...
Beer frig- check. Pipe racks-check. Baccy cellar-check. Standing ashtray-check. Leather furniture-check. I think I covered most thing on the list

Sounds like quite a gal. Congratulations. But watch your back; she's going to want a new sun room or some damn thing. ;) [/quote]

Yep. It sounds like a set-up to me.

Wow, your own room and a short drive to the nice lounge at Main Street cigars, sounds like a sweet setup to me!

riff raff":b2ps1pqi said:
Wow, your own room and a short drive to the nice lounge at Main Street cigars, sounds like a sweet setup to me!
I hung out with Cigar2You and another smoking buddy yesterday at his new "smoking lounge". I must say that the pictures don't even begin to do the room justice. The furniture is absolutely beautiful and is so comfortable that I don't think any of us felt like getting up.....or maybe that was the Scotch talking! The room was very inviting and had a very relaxed atmosphere. Pipes adorning one side of the room in a beautiful glass showcase, several ash trays spread around the room for convenience, a great flat screen TV mounted on the wall, a tobacco cellar to tempt anyone's palette, several humidors scattered around, and just about the perfect lighting to set the atmosphere. We had an absolutely great time and I believe I have found a new home, when can I move in Jon? :cheers:

-Scott