I got a big blue gun shaped crayon! (Also how do you carry?)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
I was mentioning to Andy that I really wanted to get used to carrying/drawing, etc. before actually carrying. So he bought me a BlueGun of my Ruger. It's weighted too. I told him it looked like a big blue crayon. I have to say, I'm quite glad I have this because how I was planning to carry is turning out to be much harder and more uncomfortable than I thought. I was planning an IWB hip carry, but because of the way I'm built (wide hips) and my tendency to wear form fitting tops, concealment is turning out to be a bit difficult. I really am thinking my best bet personally is a FlashBang.

How do you carry?

I bought a pancake holster so I can carry behind my hip (on my right cheek) or use it cross draw. My carry is a S&W 360 scandium .357 that weighs 12 ounces and the holster weighs about as much as the gun and causes me to sweat like a stuck pig in real hot weather, so I just stuff the gun in the pocket of my jeans. Either way leaving my shirt untucked covers it up.

There's a lot of options in the Flashbang line. Gotta be something there to fit your needs. I find the bra holster to be particularly interesting, but there may be a few disadvantages I haven't thought of. :fpalm:

My daughter wanted to get a bra holster and I told her flashing them while she's drawing
will most likely take there minds off what there doing long enough for her to shoot'em.
She didn't think I was funny either. :fpalm:

strongside pancake holster from simply rugged.
Appendix carry strong side, sticky holster
Pocket carry weak side, de Santis pocket holster.

Gimmicks get you dead. Dead is not cool.

I carry on my strong side with an allen leather holster.  I carry a full frame 1911 .45.  Here in Texas, we can open carry now, so I do that as well. (I have yet to be stopped or questioned)  However, when I need to Conceal, I just untuck my shirt, or throw on a jacket.

The little I know suggests that a curvy type woman can't carry comfortably on the hip. There are always shoulder holsters, covered by a light shirt, perhaps with weights sewn in the hem. But the few civilian women I know who carry eventually opt for the specifically designed purse, after throwing everything else away. Or maybe one of those front fanny pack things, what are they called? Don't get black; get aqua or whatever. Why be obvious?

Have always carried one of two ways. Cross draw on my left hip or a shoulder holster. By left hip I mean right in front. From the sound of it some kind of bag is going to be your best bet.

Jim

Lady at church does a Glock 42 small of back.. I've preached at her about the fallacy of having a metal object against your spine to no avail. One trip away from being like me or worse.  

Her momma carries in a bag, I don't like that either. Purse snatcher is now armed.

There are half a million women out there carrying strong side inside the waistband/outside the waistband/pocket/appendix etc.  
You will eventually do one of two things. 1. Quit carrying altogether after wasting a boatload of money on hokey attempts to do everything but what works or 2 going with the traditional methods that just work, even if they do force you to do some wardrobe evaluation.

Cartaphilus":lgpwblwi said:
My daughter wanted to get a bra holster and I told her flashing them while she's drawing
will most likely take there minds off what there doing long enough for her to shoot'em.
She didn't think I was funny either. :fpalm:  
:lol: :lol: :lol:   Why is it that women never seem to understand good humor?

I carried via a shoulder holster on my weak side (left) it kept everything just at my armpit level so cross draw was easy, I carried a 6" S&W Model 57 41 RemMag and even with a light jacket it was fully concealed.

I live in an open carry state but held a concealed permit for many years until I sold off all my handguns.

I do have a .22 H&R Model 999 with 8" octaganol bbl but I don't carry this concealed and my only other pistol would be a bear to conceal since it's a custom built TC Encore with a 4x mounted Leupold scope chambered for 7mm-08.

75c25e946b51fe102ead1a671f56ddf62322327.jpeg

I have 2 forestocks for the 7mm-08 the Schnabel I use for most of my outing but if I frequent a  spot that has a large tree that has fallen it's the perfect rest for the bipod so I use it with the shorter forestock shown.

6902757812_dbd8a3f4cc_z_d.jpg

Here is the stock purchased to make it from.

6857258875_95ed6e8d54_b_d.jpg

Here is the receiver after it was sent out to be stripped, dismantled and color case hardened.

6990028467_63569e0987_z_d.jpg

banjo

What Ruger do you have?
LCP .380 ?
If so, I would highly recommend one of these:
http://www.desantisholster.com/THE-NEMESIS

Front pocket carry in jeans and looks like a wallet or a pack of smokes.
I carry a Taurus 850Ti CIA .38 in one of these in my strong side front pocket.
The holster always stays put on the draw.