I got promoted today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxman

Reaction score
Well it was finally confirmed today. I am now Agronomy Director.

I am in charge of our whole tobacco production operation in Tanzania.
We contract more than 16000 small scale growers to produce 18 thousand tonnes of Virginia this season.

It's a daunting but exciting new position...looking forward to the challenge with a pipe tightly clenched ?

Now that be a whole big bunch of Ginnyweed!!!!!! Maybe you could get some to McClellands to make some 5100 :p :p :p :cheers: FTRPLT

Congratulations!!!!! That sounds rather intimidating! Hopefully you settle in and enjoy your new position for a nice long time.

Jim

Many thanks to you all for your kind comments.

Dropped in at the deep end today but loving it!

We only grow one variety of VA here, it's called K326 which is a very old established variety grown all over the world.

Tanzania produces what is called a semi flavour tobacco, it's not as tasty as tobacco from places like Zimbabwe but much of that depends on growing conditions,soil,rain etc. Some years can be very flavoured..plenty of deep mahogany leaf which generally smokes smoother with more flavour. Other years,particurly when very wet it will be a brighter yellow ...more of s cigarette filler tobacco.