I guess the power is out

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
So, there was this Exodus to my house tonight, due to a power failure.

Supper is going to be a big batch of cookies and stir fried rice and chicken. Enough for about twenty folks. The mormans brought more of their aged Scotch for the 'end times'....

Sweet!

Babies and families abound. Does no one plan ahead? I'm thankful it's not below freezing tonight. Not much room at the inn!

I guess. As they don't drink alcohol, Niel has a stock pile to use as barter with the Heathen Masses.

That would be me. :lol:

Ozark Wizard":ph5i6qmo said:
I guess. As they don't drink alcohol, Niel has a stock pile to use as barter with the Heathen Masses.

That would be me. :lol:
:lol!: :lol!:

Brewdude":5di028by said:
Mormons who have forbidden stock to trade with the heathen masses? Sounds like a contradiction to me!?

:scratch:

Cheers?

RR
Good eye! Welcome to Western christiandom. Who am I to judge? I got two bottles of single malt Scotch bottled at twenty years of age twenty years ago. I don't think it makes it 40 year old Scotch, but it's pretty good. One for the cellar, one for consumption.

Ozark Wizard":1681wh8c said:
Brewdude":1681wh8c said:
Mormons who have forbidden stock to trade with the heathen masses? Sounds like a contradiction to me!?

:scratch:

Cheers?

RR
Good eye! Welcome to Western christiandom. Who am I to judge? I got two bottles of single malt Scotch bottled at twenty years of age twenty years ago. I don't think it makes it 40 year old Scotch, but it's pretty good. One for the cellar, one for consumption.

I’ll be there in a minute.

tgats what i thought tgey dont drink yet they have a stock but any ways hope power all comes back

The power came back at some point while they were here watching a movie. I happen to notice when I went out to smoke, and say the distant glow of yard lights in the forest.

Glad everyone seems to be okay. Actually, it seems to be a practical approach to disaster planning. Instead of everyone making separate arrangements, just wait to see what happens, and then barter booze for food, shelter and movies.

Ozark Wizard":mamx01tr said:
... I got two bottles of single malt Scotch bottled at twenty years of age twenty years ago. I don't think it makes it 40 year old Scotch, but it's pretty good. One for the cellar, one for consumption.
You're dead right Wiz:
Scotch Whisky Association: "Unlike wine, whisky does not mature in the bottle. So even if you keep a 12 year old bottle for 100 years, it will always remain a 12 year old whisky. As long as the bottle is kept out of direct sunlight, the Scotch Whisky will neither improve nor deteriorate, even if it is opened."
So you may as well drink them both now :D

Adam

I second that Adam. Well, the sun is past the yardarm after all. Chin chin.