I have been bombed!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilgawulf

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I returned home with my lab/possiblybordercollie from a saunter on the moors to discover an anonymously mailed box on my doorstep. Immediately, Mischa (my trusty bomb disposal lab/possiblybordercollie) and I sprung into action. Employing her preternatural talents of scent, Mischa determined that a) the package did not contain food, and b) the contents were of such volatility as to require the ministrations of one with opposable thumbs. Taking out my indispensable bomb-opening car-keys I slashed open to the box.
Brothers, I wish that I could figure out how to get my damn phone to send pictures to my computer, for no description could possibly convey the shock and awe the image of the box's contents produced.
Inside were three aged tins of tobacco, swollen with the pressure of years' maturing and mellowing-- enough explosive power to level a city block. As if that weren't enough, there was a bag containing what I estimated to be at least five ounces of potent Peasean incindiary. IN ADDITION: a goodly portion of some powerful flake, and a right proper, well-caked, straight-billiard pipe set to ignite all of this ordinance.
Thank God Mischa and I were there to disarm all of this and bring it safely into my apartment, where it will be disposed of in the coming weeks and months.

Seriously, this is one of the nicest things that has happened to me in a good long while. I've never smoked tobacco with any real age on it before, and these tobaccos would be a treasure even with no age on them. My draw dropped, I was stunned. I couldn't believe my good fortune. And also I was touched, and yes, my heart was warmed. Things have been pretty rough lately at home. A lot of stress over money, over my job search, over the arguments that are a natural biproduct of the strain such things put on a household (my girlfriend shows a saintly patience, but still arguments happen). I've been getting a better handle on things, but for a good while (most of November and December, and then in the beginning of January) the stress from all of that was kind of infecting all my thoughts. Against the backdrop of all of that, to have someone do something that nice for me.... Well, it really moved me.

So yeah, I hope I didn't get too personal there, but I think the context helps convey just how much this meant to me. Even on its own it would have really affected me, but with times being the way they have been for me lately...It was just perfect timing. Does that make sense?
This very strategic bombing raid occurred in the nick of time. :)

Glad for ya brother, smoke it well. Sounds like some one got ya good.

Congrats :cheers: I hope your near future is carrying some better luck for you!

I'm sure something will turn up soon. I'm putting myself out there a lot more diligently than in past days.
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. :)

Congratulations on the bomb! To both recipient and sender, good show!